Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA. cites lead risk as it pulls candy from China, Mexico

California cites lead risk as it pulls candy from China, Mexico off shelves

January 1, 2010 | 7:49 am

California officials are working with stores and distributors to remove imported candies from shelves.

The California Department of Public Health issued a warning about Chen PiMei Candy from China and Ticorindo Candy from Mexico, saying people should not eat them.

According to the agency, the candies have unacceptable amounts of leads in them. California issued the warning after testing the candies.

California considers candy with lead levels in excess of .10 parts per million to be contaminated. The tested candies had lead levels of as much as .14 parts per million, according to the health department.

Officials hope to have the candies removed from shelves soon. Ticorindo is sold at Dollar Max, among other stores. Chen PiMei Candy has Chinese lettering on the packages.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2 ... -risk.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I constantly have to return food to dollar stores. My husband thinks he's saving us money by buying food at dollar stores! I will not allow any food from mexico, china or any country with lax standards in my house. I've begged him to read the labels. I've nagged so much that my kids read the labels and refuse to eat anything from those countries, knowing how dangerous they are. Thank God for that at least!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "