Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA-Vandals trashing new housing project

Vandals trashing housing project

Apartments just opened in February
    By Angela Lau
    UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

July 6, 2008

ESCONDIDO – What was hailed as a model affordable-housing project that would help revive a main corridor of Escondido has turned into a mess in five months.

Inside the $26 million Las Ventanas Village, which opened with much fanfare in February, chairs in common areas are missing cushions, and hallway carpets are stained black with spills and skateboard marks.

The padding that was installed to protect the elevator when residents moved their furniture has been spray-painted with graffiti and slashed with knives.

Instead of throwing trash down the chute in the trash room, residents have tossed garbage on the floor, residents said.

They said unsupervised children have run up and down the hallways, knocking on doors and ringing doorbells for fun, until past midnight.

The former manager made repairs, cleaned the carpet and held a community meeting to ask everyone to respect others, but her pleas were ignored, resident Claudine Montes said.

The management company was not responsive either, Montes said.

“I am not comfortable having my kids there anymore,â€
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[color=red][b]“Our goal is to get it back to the point it was at when it opened,â€
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[b]I'm very surprised that there would be vandalism,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why are these people complaining? They are surely part of the problem! It's their kids who they don't supervise who are destroying the property and that's what happens when you have affordable housing. You have uneducated, IA and their anchor babies who don't respect the laws of this land so why on earth would you expect they'd respect the property that they live in at a reduced rate? They make it their own personal slum so they can feel like it's where they came from, a slum. It is so sad but true. They get everything free and they get a nice place to live and do they appreciate it? No they EXPECT it and they just trash it just like they trash this country. No difference. The place was open only 5 months and already they had to make repairs? My sister lived in a nice place for over a year in La Jolla and paid a lot to live there, and guess what! People actually took care of it because those people busted their butts working to pay for their apartments so they appreciated the beauty and threw trash away in the chute and over a year later it still looked brand new. That should tell you something about being given something and earning something.

This cracks me up....THE MAYOR IS SURPRISED AT WHAT TOOK PLACE???
    Just what in the hell did she expect from people who are illegal and will not respect our laws in the USA. I know Escondido well, as I once lived there, twice as a mater of fact! Residents moved to other locations as the number of illegals grew. Parts of Escondido became unlivable for the stable population,crime, 4 or 5 family's in one house,5 or 6 cars in the drivway,kids all over the place and more on the way. Try getting medical attention in Escondido's ER. Parts of Escondido, became over time a place should I say a new north American country in your own back yard.
    This mayor and all the rest of her pro illegal clan, must be smoking some of Fallbrooks best!!! 5 million from the state and goverment,you,me us dummys,we the people,still shelling it out like there was no tomorrow.
    Now, this new building can be added to Escondido's list of money spent in the wrong direction. They new what was going to happen,one needed to just look around.
    I am 63,disabled,liveing on my SS, what I wouldn't give to have my rent to be some ware around 4 or 5 hundred dollars, a brand new home to live in,would give me a brand new attitude.
    <div>** ************ It is both a right and a responsibility of a democratic society to manage immigration so that it serves the national interest.&rdquo;
    - Barbara Jordan* ;</d