Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Calif poll of voters shows Sen Boxers approval at 21%

Monday, Aug. 10, 2009
    Dan Walters

Boxer shaky again as campaign looms

California's U.S. senators tend to fall into two categories – headline-grabbers and dependable workhorses for the state's interests.

For the past 17 years, the state's two senators have been Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer. Both elected during the much-heralded "year of the woman," they have followed the state's time-honored pattern.

Boxer draws media attention with her quixotic political forays, often involving some left-of-center cause having nothing to do with California, while Feinstein is the go-to person for the state's economic and political interests.

It explains why voter polls consistently find that Feinstein is among the state's highest-rated political figures while Boxer's popularity swings with the tides and rarely reaches beyond the magic 50 percent level.

Every six years, Republicans believe that with just the right candidate and just the right amount of money, they can knock off the woman they love to hate. And they are heartened again by a new poll showing Boxer barely leading the most likely 2010 challenger, former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina.

The Rasmussen Reports poll found that 45 percent of California voters support Boxer's re-election, with Fiorina at 41 percent and 7 percent undecided, much closer than a March poll.

Fiorina isn't a declared candidate yet and also would have to defeat Chuck DeVore, a very conservative Republican legislator, for the GOP nomination.

The latest poll, true to form, found Boxer's overall job approval rating among California voters to be fairly low, with just 21 percent holding a "very favorable" view, down six points from March.

The somewhat negative polling reflects not only Boxer's historically low approval ratings among Californians but also a couple of recent flashes of publicity, most notably a much-circulated video clip in which she upbraids an Army general for referring to her as "ma'am" and not "senator" during a committee hearing, even though the former is the military equivalent of calling a male senator "sir."

Boxer is also making waves by chairing the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee's sessions on global warming in a somewhat imperious manner, drawing criticism, albeit muted, even from Democrats.

The Politico Web site reported, "In private conversations, Senate staffers say that Boxer's abrasive personal style helped tank the climate bill that Sen. Joe Lieberman … and former Sen. John Warner … sponsored last year."

Boxer, who has written two novels with a fictional version of herself as the heroine, is characteristically unapologetic for her confrontational style, telling Politico that the publicity "only revs up my people" and helps her raise "millions of dollars because these people are attacking me in the most ridiculous, unfair way."

Boxer will probably win another term next year, but she's not a sure bet.

If Republicans have a chance to unseat her, it would be with a wealthy, moderate woman – someone like Carly Fiorina.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/opinion/story/810980.html

Like hell she will! I can't believe her poll numbers are even that high!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If Republicans have a chance to unseat her, it would be with a wealthy, moderate woman – someone like Carly Fiorina

Does California.....or any state for that matter......really need another representative in office with links to big business and globalism?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If her district after signing the petition against anchor babies vote her back in, they deserve to live in big broke Mexico Shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Like hell she will! I can't believe her poll numbers are even that high!
    If that wench is voted in again CA needs their heads examined!

I say the same thing about the two witches we have for Senator
    Collins and Snowe have reeked enough havoc on this once great nation.

I wish they had the balls to hold Town Halls! I think they know they are the enemy to Maine and the Country now. . .
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Worried:
    I say the same thing about the two witches we have for Senator Collins and Snowe have reeked enough havoc on this once great nation.
    Aren't both of them up for re-election? I truly think they are Specters or Libermans.

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    Worried:
    I say the same thing about the two witches we have for Senator Collins and Snowe have reeked enough havoc on this once great nation.
    Aren't both of them up for re-election? I truly think they are Specters or Libermans.
    Senators have 6 year terms, next elections for these two are a few years away. Collins was elected in '02 and '08. She will be up for election again in 2014.

http://collins.senate.gov/public/contin ... N=80843951

Snowe was first elected in 1994. Re-elections: 2000, 2006. Her term runs until 2012.

http://snowe.senate.gov/public/index.cf ... .Biography

The Rasmussen Reports poll found that 45 percent of California voters support Boxer's re-election, with Fiorina at 41 percent and 7 percent undecided, much closer than a March poll.
    I simply do not believe 45% of voters support this windbag's( that's Boxer) re-election!. Who are these so called voters? Illegals MUST be voting if these numbers are correct!

I have lived in CA my entire life and have yet to meet anyone who will admit( I guess they are ashamed of themselves, but cannot help their radical liberal tendencies) voting for either of these two clowns! Yet they keep getting re-elected year after year.

Either CA is full of liars, or we have something fishy going on in this state!

If my next door's neighbor's dog was running against boxer or feinstein, I would be voting for the dog!

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    Worried:
    Those up for re-election in 2010:

Blanche Lincoln (Arkansas)

Barbara Boxer (California)

Ken Salazar (Colorado)

Daniel Inouye (Hawaii)

Barrack Obama's replacement chosen by the Governor of Illinois after his resignation from the Senate in January to become President (Illinois)

Evan Bayh (Indiana)

Barbara Mikulski (Maryland)

Harry Reid (Nevada)

Chuck Schumer (New York)

Byron Dorgan (North Dakota)

Ron Wyden (Oregon)

Patrick Leahy (Vermont)

Russ Feingold (Wisconsin)

Richard Shelby (Alabama)

Lisa Murkowski (Alaska)

John McCain (Arizona)

Mel Martinez (Florida)

Johnny Isakson (Georgia)

Mike Crapo (Idaho)

Chuck Grassley (Iowa)

Jim Bunning (Kentucky)

David Vitter (Louisiana)

Kit Bond (Missouri)

Judd Gregg (New Hampshire)

Richard Burr (North Carolina)

George Voinovich (Ohio)

Tom Coburn (Oklahoma)

Arlen Specter (Pennsylvania)

Jim DeMint (South Carolina)

John Thune (South Dakota)

Bob Bennet (Utah)

Kansas run, now filled by Sam Brownback, but incumbent won't seek re-election

Christopher Dodd (Connecticut)
    Dick Morris

All 435 seats in the House of Representatives aka Congress are up for re-election and 1/3 of the 100 in the Senate.

Is this true? All in the same year?
    All my searches confirm it...

OH, I can't wait!!! EXCELLENT!
    Dick Morris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast