Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Call John Boehner and thank him...

The House Republicans are the only group that is standing up against the Democrats and the RINOs against the $700 trillion bailout gift to Wall Street. They are the only group that is standing up for what the vast majority of the American people want...NO BAILOUT.

Call his office and tell him not to cave and that you support them in standing against the Bailout. Tell his office that whatever proposal is put forward, it must be put into the form of a bill and open to floor debate. It must also be put onto Thomas Register so that all people can see what is in the bill so they can comment befor any vote is taken. TRANSPARENCY is a must!!!

Washington, D.C. Office
    1011 Longworth H.O.B.
    Washington, DC 20515
    (202) 225-6205
    (202) 225-0704 fax

Butler County, Ohio Office
    7969 Cincinnati-Dayton Road
    Suite B
    West Chester, OH 45069
    (513) 779-5400
    (513) 779-5315 fax

Miami County, Ohio Office
    12 South Plum Street
    Troy, OH 45373
    (937) 339-1524
    (937) 339-1878 fax
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Congressman Burgess said on the Wells Report that they sent him a three page summary in the afternoon on Monday or Tuesday and expected him to vote on it the next morning. He said, no too many unanswered questions.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    Happily Done

I woke up in the middle of the night to call Senator Shelby's offices to tell him thank you for standing up for the American people yesterday. I hope that these Republican House members will stand strong and not buckle under pressure.

The very idea that they are now debating a 60 billion dollar stimulus bill is even more piling on for the American people.

Turn the spigot off.

Ephesians 4:32
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

working4change
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    I woke up in the middle of the night to call Senator Shelby's offices to tell him thank you for standing up for the American people yesterday. I hope that these Republican House members will stand strong and not buckle under pressure.

The very idea that they are now debating a 60 billion dollar stimulus bill is even more piling on for the American people.

Turn the spigot off.

Ephesians 4:32
    Lets pray for them to have the strength to stand firm

I called Senator Boehners office and thanked him for standing up for American citizens against the Dems and all the $$ for ACORN.

They said they appreciated the support and thanked me for the call.

YEAH! finally a Senator who "gets it".

Finally got through and got to leave a message on his voicemail. Told him that it is nice to see someone in Washington looking out for us Taxpayers. I said that there needs to be more transparency and nothing should be rushed through. I also said that alot of these home loans were given to illegal aliens and I'm not about to bail them out! I also said that there should be no rewards to greedy corporate crooks. I told him that I just heard him on the Shawn Hannity show and it is great that he is being so vocal about his skeptisim.

April
    The only way they will stand firm against the Bail out is if we stand firm and let our voices be heard. We are making real progress Patriots. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

I dislike Boehner, but I called him anyway.

He's a very brave man to stand up against the machine.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Excerpts from news stories expressing opposition to the bailout:

Calls to U.S. Rep. Jean Schmidt's office are running 60 to 70 percent against the proposed $700 million bailout.

Tthe Miami Township Republican has no objection in principle to the using federal funds for a Wall Street bailout, but "her main concern is to make sure that every penny of taxpayers' dollars that are spent comes back,'' said Barry Bennett, Schmidt's chief of staff.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... /309260050

--------------

Congressman Tim Walz's office has received around 750 e-mails and phone calls regarding the matter, expecting to see that number climb to 1000 by the end of today.Only about a half dozen of those are in support.Congressman Tim Walz's District and Communication Director Meredith Salsbery says, "The vast majority are either against or very skeptical, but are saying if you have to do it to fix the economy, do it with these caveats. Make sure nobody gets rich off of this. Make sure those CEO's don't go home with our money."

http://www.keyc.com/node/11287

-------------

Aides to Vermont's delegation in Congress say they've been swamped with phone calls and letters expressing outrage over a proposed bailout of some of America's largest financial institutions.

http://www.wptz.com/news/17567907/detail.html

---------

Aides to lawmakers in both parties say telephone calls from constituents are running heavily against the bailout _ in some cases nearly 100-1 against, making the vote a potentially tricky one for a candidate in a competitive race.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/9/2008/ ... %20urgency