Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Canada: Muslim leader objects to bomb-sniffing dogs on buses

Canada: Muslim leader objects to bomb-sniffing dogs on buses and trains

December 11, 2009 5:34 PM
    72 Comments

Dogs are, of course, unclean in Islam. But what a coincidence, eh? If the dogs are called off, someone carrying a bomb -- say, I don't know, maybe an Islamic jihadist, might just be able to slip through. Surely the modern, moderate Shawket Hassan wouldn't want to see that happen, now, would he?

"Bomb-sniffing dogs on Vancouver transit worry Muslim leader," from CBC News, December 10 (thanks to all who sent this in):

Specially trained bomb-sniffing dogs might soon be patrolling Metro Vancouver's buses and SkyTrains just in time for the Olympics, but that has some Muslims concerned.

The Metro Vancouver Transit Police Service is in the process of selecting the handlers and dogs that will be part of the two-year pilot project, said deputy chief George Beattie.

Once the teams are trained, the dogs will work on the entire transit system, including buses, SkyTrains and SeaBus ferries.

But the idea of being sniffed up and down by a slobbery pooch -- no matter how well trained -- has already raised concerns among some members of Metro Vancouver's Muslim community.

Some devout Muslims consider dogs to be unclean animals and try to avoid any contact with them. Some Muslim cab drivers in Vancouver have even refused to take guide dogs in their vehicles and will call for a second vehicle to take the fare instead.

Shawket Hassan, the vice-president of the B.C. Muslim Association, says he wants to make sure the dogs will not touch passengers during searches, which could lead to problems, particularly for Muslims heading to a mosque to pray.

"If they touch the body, then there is a probability they will leave some saliva on the clothes," said Hassan.

"If I am going to the mosque and pray, or doing something that way, and I have this saliva on my body ... I have to go and change or clean," said Hassan.

He pointed out that devout Muslims pray five times a day, no matter where they are.

Hassan said he wants to work with the transit police to develop guidelines that would keep the dogs at least 30 centimetres away from passengers.

But Hassan stressed that Muslims have respect for all animals, including dogs, and they have no objections to using the dogs for security.

"This is a step we would support, but ... we would like to be informed," he said....

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2009/12/canad ... rains.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    I could just scream! COMMON SENSE OUT THE WINDOW! The license these people expect for their habits is bizarre.

Talk about unclean, what about the body odor under those long hijabs they wear and head coverings over sweaty oily hair?

if they dont like it, they are free to leave the country and go back to the middle east

Tough doggie doo doo!
    Dogs are part of western culture and if they don't like it leave! Why should we have to change our ways for them?
    I for one would be happy to see these dogs out there and I bet these dogs are cleaner than the people complaining about them!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    if they dont like it, they are free to leave the country and go back to the middle east
    We are at war with people that come from mid-east terror countries. IMO we should send them all back and put a stop to visas going to anyone from these countries. Americans should not have to worry about acts of terrorism happening in our country. If the people are "home-grown" American terrorists, ship them out to countries that practice jihad. Let them be with people who honor a god that delights in murdering innocent people.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn