Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Car Dealer Experience Gone Bad

well, had my eye on the new 350 Z Nissan and drove to the local Nissan dealership.

I was approached by a young guy (28 or so) who offered to help me look at the 350.

I told him I was just looking, wanted to test drive it, see if it was what I wanted.

So we're driving along and 95% of the time he is talking about how if a customer does him wrong he will get them back.. (i.e. if they show up late to appt with him, he'll just not show at the next one, etc).. he asked where I went to school.. he made the comment "oh, you a redneck then...".. he repeatedly called me "bro" which I didn't care for, but figured was a adaptive sales too they used based on what they figured the customer was liked..

So we get back to the dealership and I tell him I just want the rough numbers to see about where I'd stand. 20 minutes later (after he told me it would only be 5) he comes and tells me it will be X down @ 6 years @ x per month.

I told him I was looking for a lower payment, only 5 years and that I felt I might need to wait longer to get more money together and to get my current car's balance paid down more.

He said they could possibly get it a little lower, etc.. I told him I thnk I will just wait until I have more money to put down and my current vehicle is a little less upside. At that point, he got very irrate with me saying I didnt come there to really buy a car and that theres no pleasing me. I asked him to give me my keys and I would be out of there.

He went on to say "what is it you want that we can work out?",,, asked him again for my keys..

Around this time, he was noticiably very fanatic with his hand gestures and attitude, as if he wanted to strangle me.. (hard to describe, but u get the picture I hope)..

I told him again, "give me my keys and I'm out of here.."

he gets up, storms out and pauses in mid step and says "you know what bro...." but doesn't complete the sentence... then says "no, nevermind..." then walks into the room where the salesmen meet and the keys are.. he comes out the door and throws the keys to me...

so I walk in and tell him what a crumby attitude he has and told them I won't be buying from them.

since getting back to work, I left a message for the manager of the dealership to call me back so I can tell him why he lost my business today and in the future.. will keep you up to date

DeputyWP, You should have asked for the Sales Mananger immediately! Then you should have asked the Sales Manager for the District Manager and complained to them!
    Kudos to you though for not blowing up, I don't know if I would have been so kind!

Quote Originally Posted by blkkat99
    DeputyWP, You should have asked for the Sales Mananger immediately! Then you should have asked the Sales Manager for the District Manager and complained to them!
    Kudos to you thought for not blowing up, I don't know if I would have been so kind!
    Well, I've never liked haggling with salesmen, but this one was very pushy and overly arrogant in my opinion.

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    If I'm buying a car from you I am not your "Bro". I am "Sir" to you.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

talked to manager over dealership and told him what happened.. he seemed surprised of this guys behavior.. said most customers love him.. told him "yeah, the ones that buy from him.. he's real nice to them.. but if you don't buy, he treats you bad like he did me..."

told him I didn't appreciate the informalities of how he called me a redneck and started talking bout how he gets back at customers that do him wrong so to speak...

manager said he was embarrassed this had happened to me and would take care of it.

I'm sure most people would've just walked out and not said something, but im just not that way..

and I was about to pull my badge out when he wasn't giving me dang keys.. that was rediculous of him.

Unreal. He treats you like THAT and expects to get a sale? Are car salesman THAT desperate?
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    Unreal. He treats you like THAT and expects to get a sale? Are car salesman THAT desperate?
    tomorrow I'm calling Nissan's corporate office and also the Better Business Beaura about my experience..

I plan to rattle the cage and see what falls out

Please keep us posted on what happens DeputyWP.

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyWP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    tomorrow I'm calling Nissan's corporate office and also the Better Business Beaura about my experience..

I plan to rattle the cage and see what falls out
    STick it to them DeputyWP!
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

What an awful experience! Glad you are getting the BBB involved and such!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast