Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    I check all labels. I will continue to avoid purchasing anything from China.
    That is the best way to do it. There are some companies who are not listing the country of origin now.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

It's not just Americans they are "contaminating". Imagin what will kill you in a dollar store. Death by Dollar Store.

Dixie

Dominican Republic health department seizes 'made in China' toys
    Published on Tuesday, August 7, 2007 Email To Friend Print Version

By Beata Lockwood
    Caribbean Net News Dominican Republic Correspondent
    Email: beata@caribbeannetnews.com

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic: ‘Made in China’ seems to be becoming a continual health problem for some Caribbean countries. First there was tainted toothpaste in the Dominican Republic. Secondly, there was suspected health hazard milk and now, thirdly, there is a health hazard with lead-painted toys.

Health Department inspectors are visiting various stores across the Dominican Republic to seize toys made in China for the giant toy makers, Mattel and Fisher-Price. It is suspected that the paint used in the manufacture and painting of the toys in China may be lead-based and as such would become poisonous to children.

As a result of a toy recall from department store giants Toys R Us and Wal-Mart in the US, the Heath Department is taking no chances with the health of Dominican children. It is possible that over 1 million toys available in the US alone are affected, including the greatly popular ‘Elmo’ and Sesame Street figures.

There are a number of independent laboratories commissioned by the Health Ministry in the Dominican Republic to perform tests on many types of toys to verify if there are any and/or dangerously toxic levels of lead present.

http://www.caribbeannetnews.com/news-2900--18-18--.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by magyart
    Mattel is responsible for the manufacturing of these toys, not China. They are an ISO 9001, certified company. This means they have fully documented their policies and procedures. Something like this should not have happened. I have confidence they will fully investigate this and learn from it.

However, the country in which the products are manufactured has a reputation for poor quality. Quailty that can be dangerous to our health.
    I suspect someone deviated from Mattel's "best practices" or quality procedures.

Sometimes, managers believe they need not adhere to quality standards. They use a short cut or find a cheaper source of raw material (paint) or use a non approved vendor to furnish raw materials.

I would recommend all toy manufactureres in China check their paints for lead content.
    Perhaps, but it is Mattel's job to know these things - especially when they are being manufactured in a country like China. We are just now hearing of China's propensity for cutting corners - but dollars to donuts the manufacturers have known it forever - just thought they wouldn't get hit - or wouldn't get caught.

Would we have accepted the shoddiness of these Chinese made things if they were still made in the US? Of course not. This way, however, the big manufacturer can have some 'deniability' and promise never to do it again.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I stoped buying anything from china along time ago, unless I'm buying it and don't know it, everything made there fall apart!!

What makes me nuts is the food, I check all labels but some stuff does not say or says packaged in the USA, talk about decieving!! This is why I have been canning from my garden the last week plus!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "ALIPAC SUMMER FUND RAISER

PLEASE help ALIPAC stay in the fight against illegal immigration!!!!
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC???
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=75673
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Great for you SOSADFORUS!! Think I'll do tomatoes next spring. The withholding of country of origin on labels of food is unconstitutional in that it stops us from practicing 'informed shopping'. The FDA should be stopped from keeping this legal, they are in violation of cunsumer rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    Great for you SOSADFORUS!! Think I'll do tomatoes next spring. The withholding of country of origin on labels of food is unconstitutional in that it stops us from practicing 'informed shopping'. The FDA should be stopped from keeping this legal, they are in violation of cunsumer rights.
    OH canned tamato's are delicious, mine won't be ready for another week and a half, but I have done lots of green beans, corn, peppers ,still have Jalipeno's to, have along way to go though, lots of work but so worth it, no pesticides either!! I have watermellon and cantelope this year to!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

My Pole beans and cabbage were destroyed by bugs this year. Too much ALIPAC and not enough attention to the garden. I use organic pesticides, but the rain kept washing it off. I will be canning my tomatoes and cucumbers. Making some great salsa and tomato sauce. I am going to try going during the winter for the first time this year, using earthboxes from earthbox.com (made in the USA).

I want to grow my own garlic because most of it comes from China and many stores are removing the shipping boxes so you cannot see.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    My Pole beans and cabbage were destroyed by bugs this year. Too much ALIPAC and not enough attention to the garden. I use organic pesticides, but the rain kept washing it off. I will be canning my tomatoes and cucumbers. Making some great salsa and tomato sauce. I am going to try going during the winter for the first time this year, using earthboxes from earthbox.com (made in the USA).

I want to grow my own garlic because most of it comes from China and many stores are removing the shipping boxes so you cannot see.
    jp, I'm going to check out the earthboxes thanks for the info. what a shame about your pole beans and cabbage. I did pole beans and bushes(love green beans) I grew my own garlic last year, sorry I didn't do it this year after I just heard about the garlic.
    What I wish is I had a longer growing season, its alot of work for a few short months and you have to grow as much as you can all at once. But I would not give up Idaho!

Oh, good to hear about the gardening.

Last year in NE Texas, it stopped raining in April and forgot to rain until November, but we managed to make a pretty good garden and freeze a lot.

This year at our home in Central Texas, God forgot to turn off the spigot for several months, and we had a pond, but we did make some squash and corn, and now I am freezing okra and black eye peas.

We plan to have a big fall garden.

I realize everyone can't do this, but those who have yards should think about not putting all that money into beatiful green grass and plant some fruit trees and bushes, and making a garden.

MY goodness so good to know some of us are still doing jobs Americans won't do anymore

I wish you all luck with your gardens it is so worth it when the work is done and you sit down to eat, knowing the food is safe you feeding those happy little faces around your table ( my grandchildren) they also love to go out and pick things and eat it right there!!

As for the lead toys from China, keep them there and let your children suck on them PLEASE!!!! But keep them away from our children!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ALIPAC SUMMER FUND RAISER
    PLEASE help ALIPAC stay in the fight against illegal immigration!!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=75673
    FOOD FOR THOUGHT
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast