Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    I want to grow my own garlic because most of it comes from China and many stores are removing the shipping boxes so you cannot see.
    Wow, I didn't know this! I'll have to look into what it takes to grow garlic...

Quote Originally Posted by NihilDisco
    Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    I want to grow my own garlic because most of it comes from China and many stores are removing the shipping boxes so you cannot see.
    Wow, I didn't know this! I'll have to look into what it takes to grow garlic...
    It's not that difficult. You just plant it in the fall and the following year it comes up in July/August depending where you are. You just have to get the bulbs. here is a place that sells them and tells you how to grow them. I have never shopped with them but at least the directions are there.
    http://thegarlicstore.com/index.cgi/howto.html They are organic and Grown in the USA.

I'm hoping to get to a couple of farms this weekend. There are places around here when you can pick your own and get it at a much cheaper price as it cuts out the middle man.

I knew a guy in my old hometown who used every bit of green space in his yard for planting food. An older gentleman who raised enough food for himself and supplemented his income by selling the rest.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

CCUSA wrote:
    I check all labels. I will continue to avoid purchasing anything from China.

I do as well. Last night my boys walked out of the store as I could not find a single box, regadless of brand name of birthday candles that were not made in China... I might of gotten a little loud and pissy.

My daughter ended up with a large American made pillar candle on her cake!
    If you can read this, thank a teacher.
    If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Oh, the gardening talk is so great.

Clean food is so important. People don't realize how much difference it makes to your body. The independence is a great bonus.

OK, this year I plant garlic. I had forgotten garlic in my fall garden plans, so glad someone mentioned it.

There are probably websites with a lot of information on that. I think I got some from the Texas A & M website, but probably any agricultural college would have some information.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123