Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Chris Christie rips Kushner’s dad: ‘One of the most loathsome, disgusting crimes that

(Video at Link)

Chris Christie rips Kushner’s dad: ‘One of the most loathsome, disgusting crimes that I prosecuted’

Chris Christie shreds Kushner’s dad for ‘disgusting’ crimes

Former New Jersey governor Chris Christie took swipes at White House senior adviser Jared Kushner, alleging that the president's son-in-law ordered his firing. (Drea Cornejo/The Washington Post)

January 29 at 10:13 PM

Michael Brice-Saddler

Former New Jersey governor Chris Christie took several shots at White House senior adviser Jared Kushner in his new book “Let Me Finish,” alleging that in an act of spite, Donald Trump’s son-in-law coordinated his removal from the president’s transition team shortly after the 2016 election.

He claims Kushner was still "seething” from events that took place more than a decade prior — when Christie, as a U.S. attorney, prosecuted Kushner’s father, Charles, for tax evasion, witness tampering and illegal campaign contributions, sending the elder Kushner to prison for 14 months.

The former governor did not mince words while discussing the case Tuesday:

“Mr. Kushner pled guilty, he admitted the crimes. So what am I supposed to do as a prosecutor?” Christie asked. “If a guy hires a prostitute to seduce his brother-in-law, and videotapes it, and then sends the videotape to his sister in an attempt to intimidate her from testifying before a grand jury, do I really need any more justification than that?”

He added, “It’s one of the most loathsome, disgusting crimes that I prosecuted when I was U.S. attorney,” Christie said during a segment with PBS’s “Firing Line With Margaret Hoover.” “And I was a U.S. attorney in New Jersey, Margaret — so we had some loathsome and disgusting crime going on there!”

Charles Kushner, a wealthy and well-connected real estate developer, pleaded guilty in 2004 to 18 counts of filing false tax returns, retaliating against witnesses and making illegal campaign contributions. He was sentenced to 24 months in prison and served 14.

Christie at the time wrote in a news release that Kushner’s guilty plea was a “great victory for the people of New Jersey.”
    “No matter how rich and powerful any person may be, they will be held accountable for criminal conduct by this office,” he wrote.

Christie now writes that Jared Kushner retaliated after the 2016 election by having Stephen K. Bannon, then an executive for Trump’s campaign, fire him. The White House and a spokesperson for Jared Kushner did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

“Jared Kushner, still apparently seething over events that occurred a decade ago, was exacting a plot of revenge against me, a hit job that made no sense at all for the man we had just helped elect,” Christie wrote in “Let Me Finish.” “And Steve Bannon, hot-shot, big-balls campaign executive, was quietly acquiescing to it."

He continued, “What wimps, what cowards. And how disloyal to Donald Trump.”

Josh Dawsey contributed to this report.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.ba869252d9c0
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Hmm, makes one wonder how far the apple really can fall from the tree?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn