Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Chrysler Extends Shutdown of 3 Plants

DETROIT — Chrysler LLC said Thursday it would keep three of its plants shuttered for an additional week, as workers at nearly two dozen plants prepare to return to work.

The Auburn-Hill, Mich.-based automaker said in a statement that it notified workers at the Belvidere Assembly Plant in Illinois, the Sterling Heights plant Michigan, and its Toluca, Mexico assembly plants that they would return to work on Jan. 26, a week later than originally intended.

In December, Chrysler said that it would close all 30 of its manufacturing plants for a month in an effort to adjust production to slowing vehicle demand and conserve cash.

Workers at 23 Chrysler plant will return to their jobs on Jan. 20. Workers at the company's Toledo North Assembly Plant and Supplier Park in Ohio will be back on the job Jan. 26, as previously announced. Workers at the Windsor, Ontario, plant and Conner Avenue Assembly Plant in Detroit will return Feb. 2, as previously scheduled.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,480144,00.html

Unoccupied Southeast Georgia But Not For Much Longer
    More Americans who will need health care and other benefits while the House just passed a bill giving more medical care to illegal aliens which Obama said he will sign. There will be a lot of disappointed and p.o.'d Americans who actually believe the sun rises and sets on Obama and who they believe will be able to feed the world with a loaf of bread, employ ALL Americans and can do it on his head. They will find employers hiring illegal aliens for any stimulus jobs and overcrowded hospitals from the rest of the third world's population crossing our open borders. Who says this isn't a government conspiracy.....
    There is no freedom without the law. Remember our veterans whose sacrifices allow us to live in freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by retiredairforce
    More Americans who will need health care and other benefits while the House just passed a bill giving more medical care to illegal aliens which Obama said he will sign. There will be a lot of disappointed and p.o.'d Americans who actually believe the sun rises and sets on Obama and who they believe will be able to feed the world with a loaf of bread, employ ALL Americans and can do it on his head. They will find employers hiring illegal aliens for any stimulus jobs and overcrowded hospitals from the rest of the third world's population crossing our open borders. Who says this isn't a government conspiracy.....
    I'm not giving up, but I'm really worried about our nation. I can remember not too many years ago when we had 3 auto plants in one county here in Ohio...and it was a small, largely rural county. Families could survive on one paycheck. Those days are long gone. They won't be satisfied till they can tax every single American citizen to death on the measly jobs that are left to blue collar workers.

Then they told us all we need to go to college (just like they told us we could only afford 2.5 children and now they say we "need" more people) and so, a lot of us did...and now the 'worth' of that education is cheapened because everyone's got a college degree now. They aren't worth as much as a high school diploma was worth 25 years ago. Literally.

I go into gas stations now and see married men working there and I think, "Here you are, driving your Japanese car and working fo 6 bux an hour...25 years ago you could have had a good job, but you just had to buy another nation's products over your own. Serves you right." I see kids graduating from college now, all giggly because, "I could make as much as $32,000 a year!"...I don't have the heart to tell them my kids' dad made that much in 1980 with a high school diploma. Keep buying those Japanese cars!!

April
    Yeah, that bail out they begged for sure did alot of good. Yeah the government just keeps throwing away our hard earned money. They could care less about us, they just want to make sure all the executives have padded pockets when they shut the doors.

Quote Originally Posted by April
    Yeah, that bail out they begged for sure did alot of good. Yeah the government just keeps throwing away our hard earned money. They could care less about us, they just want to make sure all the executives have padded pockets when they shut the doors.
    Right now I can't think of one government entity or one corporate one who hasn't thrown American citizens to the wolves.