Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Chrysler to manufacture cars in CHINA!

Shifting the Center of Automotive Manufacturing
    As foreign investment increases, the Southeastern United States is on its way to becoming the next automotive manufacturing capital.
    By Pearl Gabel

Ever since Aaron Whitfield lost his job as a hi-lo driver at a Michigan Chrysler plant, he has been preparing to move to Tennessee, where he believes that the jobs are more plentiful. Whitfield says that that he is the product of Chrysler’s restructuring and downsizing of its U.S. plants—in February, the automaker announced that it will lay off 13,000 people, and last month the company signed a deal to manufacture cars in China for potential export to the U.S. In a memo circulated to employees in July (and reported by The Detroit News), Chrysler said it beat its target for job reductions, eliminating 1,100 white-collared workers and 6,000 blue-collared workers in the U.S. and Canada—from the executive offices to the factory floor.

As American automakers restructure, foreign transplants like Toyota and Nissan are emerging as new American manufacturers. However, instead of locating their facilities in the traditional American auto belt, these foreign-owned companies are grouping around suppliers (and each other) in the Southeastern U.S.

Whitfield’s move from Detroit to Tennessee is not merely a coincidence. “It’s time to go somewhere where the weather is nice and it’s cheaper to live,â€
    <div align="center">" Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore "
    </div>

It is time too stop this now. Someone has got to do something. Do you remember waking up one day and there were one million illegals surrounding you and you wondered what the hell had happened? Theie has been no way to stop it. The same applies to jobs, war and starvation. There will be no way to stop it.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Well I will cross off any Chrysler made product off the list of things I would purchase.
    Dirty rotten traitors.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

I bought one two years ago darn it. I think we should just buy american. How far would that get us? How many people do you think would actually do it? Could we survive at this point. Almost everything is coming out of China now.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Just when I was wondering about a new Hemi, oh well, I'll find something else..but not a Chrysler
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)