Churches that support amnesty are trying to convince their followers into thinking they should be for amnesty by picking only certain verses from the Bible on how the alien, stranger, or sojourner should be treated. Here are some of the verses they quote.

Exodus 22:21
Do not mistreat or oppress a foreigner, for you were foreigners in Egypt.

Leviticus 19:34
The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

Deuteronomy 10: 19
And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt

However, these same amnesty supporting churches never mention other verses from the Bible that make other statements on how the alien, stranger, or sojourner should be treated. Here are some examples.

Leviticus 25:45-46
45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

Deuteronomy 17:15
Be sure to appoint over you a king the Lord your God chooses. He must be from among your fellow Israelites. Do not place a foreigner over you, one who is not an Israelite.

Deuteronomy 23:20
You may charge a foreigner interest, but not a fellow Israelite, so that the Lord your God may bless you in everything you put your hand to in the land you are entering to possess.

Lamentations 5:1-2
1 Remember, Lord, what has happened to us; look, and see our disgrace. 2 Our inheritance has been turned over to strangers, our homes to foreigners.

Nehemiah 13:25-27
25 I rebuked them and called curses down on them. I beat some of the men and pulled out their hair. I made them take an oath in God’s name and said: “You are not to give your daughters in marriage to their sons, nor are you to take their daughters in marriage for your sons or for yourselves. 26 Was it not because of marriages like these that Solomon king of Israel sinned? Among the many nations there was no king like him. He was loved by his God, and God made him king over all Israel, but even he was led into sin by foreign women. 27 Must we hear now that you too are doing all this terrible wickedness and are being unfaithful to our God by marrying foreign women?”

Obviously, these churches are cherry picking the Bible because they are only picking verses that support their viewpoint. If those verses are still applicable today then shouldn't they all still be applicable?