Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cinco De Mayo? Why Here?

So far all day today its Cinco de Mayo. You would think that it is an American Holiday! My Uncle married a real nice woman from Mxico and she told me that Cinco de Mayo isn't even a big deal at all in Mexico and to most Mexicans there. So why do they shove it down our faces. Every year they take over the streets shooting guns, DUI's, out of control. What knid of a holiday is that? Every year its worse! And I wont even dare going to drive where they have taken over, 2 years ago a group of "Celebrators" Pointed guns at me and my friend because of a American flag sticker on my window! And the sticker was a 9 11 remberance tribute! Im just waiting for the news tonight to see how many get shot this year, if they even report it. But if anyone knows why it's such a big deal to Hispanics here I would like to know!
    http://cbs4denver.com/local/cinco.denve ... 16109.html
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Because they want to "preserve their culture"....

and shove it down our throats.

Actually, I think it's a control mechanism. Have you noticed how all of them get in the face of whoever they're talking to and talk like mad, don't listen, and apparently don't need to breathe? You can watch it with Janet Murguia, Juan Hernandez, any of them on the street. I get so mesmerized with the mechanics, I can't hear what they're saying. I just consider it all aggressive attempts to control.
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

MW
    The talk radio show I normally listen to actually played a Spanish song in celebration of Cinco de Mayo this morning. I was extremely disappointed, to say the least. Perhaps there are others in NC that shared my disappointment. The show was Brad & Britt In The Morning
    on FM Talk 101.1 - WZTK. They didn't play French music on Bastille Day or German music on Ascension Day (both national holidays).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Personally, I could care less. The 5th of May is just the 5th of May - nothing more, nothing less. Cinco de Mayo means nothing to me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Cinco de Mayo to me means almost running people over to get away from crazy people pointing guns at you in your car. That really freaked me out I almost crashed my truck! For What?
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

all Cinco is is an excuse to drink-for mexicans and for whites who don't even know what the day represents! I'll be watching the news tonight to see how many DUI's and shootings going on...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here's another little informational 'nugget' I'll add to the mix...

On the regional cable TV news program (NWCN - aired in WA, OR, and ID) a local report (from the Portland area, I think done by Jane McCarthy - not entirely sure though...) basically overviewed the upcoming Cinco de Mayo celebration at Portland's waterfront park blocks and concluded the story by saying...''Celebration organizers remind everyone to leave your weapons at home".

I kept my daughter home from school today and will also tommorrow as they required her to bring refried beans to help in the classroom festivities for a grade.I want the district to lose money.We went shopping and will visit the Pompeii exhibit at the museum tommorrow and read the Declaration of Independence.They can kiss my arse!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayflowerchick
    I kept my daughter home from school today and will also tommorrow as they required her to bring refried beans to help in the classroom festivities for a grade.I want the district to lose money.We went shopping and will visit the Pompeii exhibit at the museum tommorrow and read the Declaration of Independence.They can kiss my arse!!
    Yeah, Baby, Yeah!

The gall of them asking to bring BEANS to school for an un-American holiday! I wonder how many other parents kept thier kids home or complained?

''Celebration organizers remind everyone to leave your weapons at home".

Well, that's revealing!
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast