Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Close my Account

I use two banks. One is an out of state Savings and Loan which is my main bank because of its excellent on-line service. The other is a local (Montana) bank I use for personal services. I went into the local bank yesterday to use the coin counter only to find they now require me to select a language to start the counting. I asked why and was given a snide remark about serving all their customers. I told them that this is the United States and we speak English... if they want to provide a different language they should require the non English speakers to select a language or to default to English... I was told that would be rude to the non English speakers... I told them that was rude to me and was insulting to all Americans. They did not agree so I closed my account.... We have to make a stand some where...
    "One Flag ... One Language ... ONE COUNTRY"....... Teddy Roosevelt

Good for you, justme! We should all try to close accounts and business activity with companies that want to make us push 1 for English, read documents printed in 2 or more languages, and have our landscape cluttered with other languages.

This is the United States, one nation with one people with one language and one flag. Anyone who doesn't like that should go out of business and slink out of the country.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I closed several accounts with Wachovia and brought in a print of a picture I took of their billboard in Spanish. The clerk said they have English billboards as well. I told her that one Spanish billboard was one too many, and if she has children she needs to think of what kind of world she is helping to provide for them.

She tried to give me my picture back, but I told her to keep it as a reminder when she loses her job to a bank that requires Spanish speakers only.

Good going justme. Individually we all have the power to instill change. Keep your purse strings close to your morals. Support what you believe in. Starve those that you can and do not believe in.