Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CONGRESSIONAL BLACK CAUCUS BRINGS 'HANDS UP! DON'T SHOOT' TO THE HOUSE FLOOR

Disgraceful - Mike Brown was not shot in the back and he Did NOT have his hands up. Who elets these people?

CONGRESSIONAL BLACK CAUCUS BRINGS 'HANDS UP! DON'T SHOOT' TO THE HOUSE FLOOR

by CHARLIE SPIERING 2 Dec 2014, 6:41 AM PDT POST A COMMENT

Speaking on the House floor, members of the Congressional Black Caucus used the “Hands up! Don’t Shoot” gesture popular with Ferguson protesters reacting to the shooting of Michael Brown.

“Hands up, don't shoot,” said Rep. Hakeem Jeffries. “It's a rallying cry of people all across America who are fed up with police violence.”

“It was a John Carlos moment,” pointed out Rep. Al Green (D-TX) “Because this has become the new symbol, a new statement, a statement wherein people around the country now are calling to the attention of those who do quite understand that this is a movement that will not dissipate. It will not evaporate.”

Rep. Yvette Clarke (D-N.Y.) criticized the “attacks” by the Ferguson police department. She says they demonstrated “an assumption that young women and men who are African-American are inherently suspicious, a false assumption with deadly consequences.”

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) praised the St. Louis Rams players who raised their hands prior to Sunday’s football game. “Let me say that I also admire the young St. Louis Rams players who raised their hands, to be able to share in the dignity of those young peaceful protesters,” she said.

Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.)

Rep. Yvette Clarke, (D-N.Y.)
    Rep. Al Green, (D-TX)

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX)

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...he-House-Floor

SCARBOROUGH ON 'HANDS UP' GESTURE: 'IT’S A LIE,' 'WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY?'

BACK TO BREITBART TV
    Scarborough on Ferguson, 12/2/14

[/COLOR]
    SHARE THIS:Print

on BREITBART TV 2 Dec 2014, 6:32 AM PDT POST A COMMENT
    On his Tuesday broadcast of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” host Joe Scarborough once again attacked those showing their disapproval of last week’s St. Louis grand jury decision involving the fatal shooting of Michael Brown by Ferguson, MO Police Officer Darren Wilson, specifically congressional Democrats and the St. Louis Rams players that had very publicly used the gesture.

“[T]hat’s cool to suggest that St. Louis police officers in the town – probably a lot who go to the games and watch the games and watch the games – that’s cool for them to suggest that St. Louis cops shoot young black men who had their hands up in the air, when we know that that was a lie?” Scarborough said. “It’s a lie. And what was that gesture on Capitol Hill? More people like going, ‘It doesn’t matter whether it’s the truth or not, I’m going to suggest cops shoot people with their hands up in the air.’ What is wrong with this country? What is wrong with these people? What is wrong with these elected officials? They know it’s a lie. They know the cops didn’t shoot him with his hands in the air. They know it’s a lie and they are doing this on that Capitol floor?”

Follow Jeff Poor on Twitter @jeff_poor
    http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...h-This-Country

Banned
    Thomas Sowell on "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" Ferguson Slogan: "I Thought Of Joseph Goebbels"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...XLgdPTYeS-xxiu

SEAN HANNITY: Let me play the Congressional Black Caucus on the House floor yesterday. They keep saying hands up, don't shoot. There's one problem. Eyewitnesses to the shooting of Michael Brown said, and I'll quote one of them, "he was charging at Officer Wilson like a football player with his head down." So he didn't have his hands up. But this is what they're saying...

Dr. Sowell, it's a catchy slogan, there's one big problem with it. It's fiction. Michael Brown, according to the eyewitnesses, did not have his hands up. What's your reaction? Why are members of Congress repeating something that they know is not true?

THOMAS SOWELL, ECONOMIST: Oh, for political reasons. I thought of Joseph Goebbels' doctrine, people will believe any lie if it's repeated often enough and loud enough. They're repeating it often enough and loud enough. And it will pay off for them personally and politically. People who are out to forward their political careers say and do things that have no relationship whatever to reality or to anybody else's interests but their own. I think what happened in Ferguson, Missouri, it is going to adversely affect blacks yet unborn who will still be paying the price for it 10, 20 years from now because you're not going to have businesses there that you had before. I've seen this happen in other cities. Detroit, is a classic example. Harlem. You run through the whole list of them. A city doesn't get over this kind of stuff in a few years.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid..._goebbels.html