Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cornel West to Al Sharpton: ‘You don’t need to be center stage, brother’

Cornel West to Al Sharpton: ‘You don’t need to be center stage, brother’

Princeton University Professor Cornel West mocked fellow civil rights activist Al Sharpton on Monday, accusing him of always wanting to be the center of attention on issues that affect the black community. (C-SPAN2 via National Review) more >

By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Princeton University professor Cornel West mocked fellow civil rights activist Al Sharpton on Monday, accusing him of always wanting to be the center of attention on issues that affect the black community.

“This book is in many ways a love letter to the younger generation, because I’m passing from the scene,” he said at Miami Dade College while on tour for his new book, “Black Prophetic Fire,” National Review reported.

“I know it, I don’t need to be center stage. Try to tell that to brother Al Sharpton, you know?” Mr. West said, receiving laughter and applause.

“You don’t need to be center stage, brother. There’s something called grassroots leadership, indigenous leadership, it needs a different context,” he continued. “Get out of the way of the camera and let the young folks speak. Get out of the way of the camera, let them tell their truths.”

Mr. Sharpton spoke publicly Monday night after a grand jury decided not to indict Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson for the Aug. 9 fatal shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown. The reverend said he would be holding a press conference Tuesday with Brown’s parents and vowed to hold rallies across the country calling for the federal government to “escalate a federal indictment.”

Ironically, Mr. West made headlines on Oct. 13 after he was arrested in Ferguson during a rally for Brown.

“I didn’t come here to give a speech. I came here to go to jail,” he told a crowd gathered at Saint Louis University prior to his arrest.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz3KDkMf8Uz
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    Ironically, Mr. West made headlines on Oct. 13 after he was arrested in Ferguson during a rally for Brown.

“I didn’t come here to give a speech. I came here to go to jail,” he told a crowd gathered at Saint Louis University prior to his arrest.

This is sad. I don't know what prevents people like Brown from seeing that the central problem for black Americans is that illegals are undercutting them for entry level jobs.

Maybe they're caught up in the browns and black together fantasy. Even so, I wonder why they can't see that the browns end up with the jobs and blacks end up in prison, because they can't get jobs.
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade