Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Cut the Crap and Create Jobs

Cut the Crap and Create Jobs

Published on Friday, July 8, 2011
    by The Hill
    by Brent Budowsky

I have recently written a series of columns about jobs with titles such as "An angry dissent," and today's disastrous numbers are a political game changer. All incumbents of both parties are threatened if jobs are not created in large numbers by Election Day 2012.

This is one of the great outrages in political history. Neither party is now proposing a major jobs program. While the Republican Party at the national and state level is doing everything it can to destroy jobs, the Democratic Party is failing to fight for jobs with the intensity that Democrats have historically done. Meanwhile, the Democratic president does photo-ops, Twitter events and mini-jobs programs of the magnitude of school uniform trivia.

It is an outrage, a crime, a sin against decency and a defamation against everything I personally believe that nobody, I repeat nobody, in the high councils of politics gives a damn about those who have been jobless for 99 weeks. This violates my faith as a Christian, where we are supposed to help those in need. It violates my values as a Democrat, where we are supposed to fight for jobs. It violates the most common-sense economics, which proves that help for 99ers provides more stimulus than tax cuts for the wealthy, but since the 99ers would have to spend the money from assistance, to live.

The president's political brain David Plouffe now suggests that voters will not vote based on the jobless rate. This is ridiculous, absurd, delusional and symptomatic of a president far out of touch with the realities of working-class Americans who is clueless in confronting Republicans who believe in firing police, firefighters, teachers and librarians.

The jobless rate is a scandal.

The plight of the 99ers is a moral outrage.

The disastrous jobless numbers today will add to the political earthquake of a nation that demands jobs and is outraged by Washington power brokers who show no signs of caring, understanding or acting.

Shame on the president. Shame on the Republicans. Shame on the Democrats. Shame on the media. Shame on them all.

It is time to cut the crap, create the jobs and fight like hell for what Americans want: jobs.

I continue my angry dissent today.

The horrendous and disastrous jobs numbers announced this morning are a thunderbolt reminder of the jobless plague that grips our nation.

If the jobs are not created soon there will be more incumbents, from both parties, who will join the jobless after the next change election in 2012.

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/07/08-5
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    You hit the nail on the head on this one airborne.The gop wanted the tax cuts in December to help create jobs the Dems put 10 job bills on the floor that the reps voted down.Neather side is working hard to create jobs that AMERICANS despertly need.Now just 2 days ago McConnell on tv talk show sais once again his main goal for 4 years his job was to make Obama a 1 term president.Thats a job for him but wheres the jobs for AMERICAN PEOPLE,just goes to show they are not concearned about the AMERICAN PEOPLE but themselves and big rich buisnesses.WHER THE JOBS?Now they want more tax breaks for the rich to create jobs?

Government can't create jobs but they sure as @$$ can create an environment whereas jobs can be created! What's the matter with these people? I think they care about their own @$$ more than they care about creating jobs for ordinary Americans. By the way, I am one of those 99's!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

We dont need anymore jobs bills from Dems, they cost tto much and dont work. Rep have been on the Defense trying to undo all the damage this Pres has done. I dont buy this articles premise. They need to drill for oil and get the EPA off our backs and lower taxes for small business. That will get people back to work. Gov needs to go away. OH, and shut our borders down

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyCountry
    We dont need anymore jobs bills from Dems, they cost tto much and dont work. Rep have been on the Defense trying to undo all the damage this Pres has done. I dont buy this articles premise. They need to drill for oil and get the EPA off our backs and lower taxes for small business. That will get people back to work. Gov needs to go away. OH, and shut our borders down
    We agree on much, LuvMyCounty.

Here's my "Judy's Five Steps To Fix the US Economy" that I've posted many times here and elsewhere, because I truly believe that if we take these 5 simple actions, our economy will soar beyond any level in US history and both the economic, social and personal happiness level of our people with climb with it. We need to rational, we need to be pragmatic, we must be realistic, and we must teach our people how the American Economic System works. It can't survive in a state of globalism with open borders, free trade treason, unfair drilling restrictions, a War on Drugs or a mandated income tax. It can't. These anti-American policies were never meant to be in our country. And they need to go, and go now.

Judy's 5 Steps To Fix the US Economy:

1. stop illegal immigration and reduce legal immigration
    2. pass the FairTax
    3. protect our trade
    4. legalize/regulate/tax under 2 the illegal drug trade
    5. drill baby drill

That's it. That's all we need to do to stop this disaster and turn it around. And it doesn't cost a dime to implement and execute. Not one cent.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn