Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Datastrip Biometric Terminals Now Available with Iris Scanni

isn't this like the twililght zone. Do you see endtimes coming?

Field-proven identification and verification devices from Datastrip can now be enabled with a scanner and supporting software to measure iris biometrics. The iris scan technology is available for all of Datastrip's handheld biometric terminals.

Iris scanning is the most effective biometric available and has practical uses for law enforcement, port security, government and commercial applications. It is one of three biometric targets, along with fingerprint and face recognition, that is standardized worldwide by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) for use in biometric passports, the newest technology-based tool for traveler identification.

In adding the iris scanner to its existing product line, Datastrip allows existing and future customers to build and buy products that grow as their application needs change. Datastrip's military and law enforcement customers have asked for this new capability and will have the option to expand their current Datastrip product or buy a cost-effective device to satisfy their demands.

"Datastrip is committed to staying on the industry's leading edge," said Joe Delaney, Datastrip's vice president of sales and marketing. "Our clients use Datastrip products in the most demanding environments and the most sensitive applications. Every advantage that we can give them will help satisfy their needs for critical situation performance."

Military use has proven the toughness of Datastrip's products, and they are among the lightest weight and most compact handheld terminals on the market. All Datastrip devices can be deployed using most available biometric software, including fingerprint, facial and iris.

About Datastrip

Datastrip is a world leader in field-proven mobile identity verification. Together with market-leading biometric and information technology vendors, Datastrip specializes in providing secure portable information and ID solutions that provide on-the-spot verification of credentials from any individual. The Datastrip product line supports biometric fingerprint matching, as well as contact-based and contactless ID cards such as national ID cards and passports. For more information, visit www.datastrip.com or call (800) 548-2517.

http://www.morerfid.com/details.php?sub ... splay=RFID

Has anyone ever had an iris scan? I went with my daughter etc. to the museum in Chicago (Science and Industry) and without thinking they had this area about the iris scan and you could look in this doo-hickey and have your iris up on this moving board of all the other people who did it, to show how different they all were........talk about an instant migrain after that! Didn't seem to bother anyone else, but boy it bothered me! I don't know if it's because of the epilepsey or not.....but I'm sure not going through that again.

Instead of burning fingers or chopping them off......they'll be taking eyeballs.......how wonderful is that?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I cannot stand my eyes messed with at all.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I cannot stand my eyes messed with at all.
    Me either.......wear glasses and thought of the lasik and can't even think of that. I was surprised with this iris scan......it was nothing, as far as I know but a red light.......but sure did me in.