Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Democrat Governor Calls for Suspending Elections

File this in the random-things-politicians-say file. Speaking to a Cary Rotary Club today, N.C. Gov. Bev Perdue suggested suspending Congressional elections for two years so that Congress can focus on economic recovery and not the next election.

“I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won’t hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover. I really hope that someone can agree with me on that,â€

She will be gone in 2012.

Another controvercial matter she is going to do ,on the taxpayer expense card,is going to China along with her husband and other business people to China. Of course her husnad and the others will have to pay for their own fares. They want to go to China because they feel they can bring jobs here to N Carolina. Right!

[quote]Perdue plans China mission to improve trade deficit
    By: Loretta Boniti

Gov. Bev Perdue plans to travel to China next month to improve North Carolina's trade deficit with China. Right now, N.C. is losing jobs to China because it exports more goods to N.C. than it imports.

RALEIGH – Gov. Bev Perdue plans to travel to China next month to improve North Carolina's trade deficit with China. Right now, N.C. is losing jobs to China because it exports more goods to N.C. than it imports.

In the past decade, 2.9 million U.S. jobs have lost to China and the national Economic Policy Institute released a report last week that says the trade deficit now stands at $84 billion.

“We did have some increase in exports to China that supported a few jobs,â€
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

But Bev Perdue went to China once before.
    [quote]Perdue sets two-week trade mission to China, Japan

Raleigh, N.C. — Gov. Beverly Perdue, Commerce Secretary Keith Crisco and a handful of executives from North Carolina will visit China and Japan in October in an effort to drum up business for the state, officials said Wednesday.

Perdue will be the second North Carolina governor to visit China in an official capacity, following a trail blazed by former Gov. Jim Hunt a decade ago. Her staff mistakenly said Wednesday morning that she would have been the first governor to go to China.

“Asian trade and investment represent significant growth opportunities for our state, especially in an economic downturn,â€

I have a big problem with this since China is still our enemy and they are a COMMUNIST NATION and over the years we have lost a lot of young men and women fighting Communism and here we are OWING THEM and relying on them for their generosity. Just a thought! This country took the jobs there over the years and now we are told we muct compete against them and their slave labor forces.

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    I have a big problem with this since China is still our enemy and they are a COMMUNIST NATION and over the years we have lost a lot of young men and women fighting Communism and here we are OWING THEM and relying on them for their generosity. Just a thought! This country took the jobs there over the years and now we are told we muct compete against them and their slave labor forces.

Right you would think it would work in reverse, who side of the fence do they work for....Corporate Globalization shouldn't this just amount to treason against our Country?????

535 job opening in 2012..oh excuse me, 534 and one expulsion of a moron!!!!

We should list the morons here so no one makes a mistake don't ya think????

The elites are always telling we need to compete with China! But why on earth would the American worker ever want to compete with Chinese slave-labor wages???
    Hmmm. . .if*Americans are so racist, why do so many*people want to live*here??* One would think we wouild need border walls to keep them here under racist rule rather than building walls to keep them out!

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles
    The elites are always telling we need to compete with China! But why on earth would the American worker ever want to compete with Chinese slave-labor wages???

Well Duh......cheap wages needs to be propagandized into our dumb little heads and to help this along.....They have effectively done this by getting rid of our manufacturing base, agriculture base, and everything else we can think of...

Here is the heart of the matter:
    The corporations make money whether we run a trade surplus or trade deficit with China.
    Hmmm. . .if*Americans are so racist, why do so many*people want to live*here??* One would think we wouild need border walls to keep them here under racist rule rather than building walls to keep them out!

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles
    Here is the heart of the matter:
    The corporations make money whether we run a trade surplus or trade deficit with China.
    That is why it is important they control it all...

Perdue later claimed she was joking, but listen for yourselves. She's serious and even "hopes someone will agree with her".

Listen to the audio here:

http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/28/new-a ... elections/

If it was a joke, North Carolina Democratic Governor Bev Perdue needs to polish her delivery.

Newly released audio contradicts the claims of Perdue’s press team that her call Tuesday for suspending Congressional election was a joke or hyperbole. In the recording, her tone is matter-of-fact and her comments are part of a serious speech.

“Listen to the Governor’s words: She wasn’t joking at all,â€

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast