Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Denver Post Takes a stand Against Health care

Way to go Denver post for having the guts to print what is on the minds of the American people!!! JUST SAY NO!!!

Udall, Bennet should say "no"
    Colorado's senators should take a principled stand and vote against the travesty that the Senate health care bill has become.

By The Denver Post

In passing a test vote on health- care legislation in the early morning hours Monday, the Senate failed miserably in its goal of reining in our nation's runaway medical costs. The situation is so dire, and the hour so late, that extraordinary action is necessary.

We call on Colorado Sens. Mark Udall and Michael Bennet to take a principled stand against the travesty the Senate legislation has become.

We do so because the deal-making and the concessions made to reach 60 votes have created a bill so poisonous to the stated ideals of both senators that they should be unable to attach their good names to its passage when it comes up for a scheduled vote on Christmas Eve.

To buy a "yes" vote from Sen. Ben Nelson, for example, the bill will fully fund the Nebraskan's home-state Medicaid program, at a cost of hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars over the next decade.

Better to take up the quest for true health care reform next year and try once again to craft meaningful legislation than to accept this ghastly gift to the insurance industry and hodgepodge of pricey perks to legislators.

Without a public option, without an expansion of Medicare and without other significant changes that stand the greatest chance of holding down surging costs, the Senate's legislation would leave working Americans pretty much where they are today: facing the prospect of double- digit inflation in insurance premiums for as far as the eye can see.

In fact, health care inflation could actually escalate.

Businesses, too, will continue to be rocked by higher costs.

Yes, 2010 is an election year and Democrats need to show they can make progress on major issues. But shouldn't the immediacy of a political race be all the more reason to demonstrate to constituents an ability to show true leadership? Tolerating a bad bill simply to say you passed something would be irresponsible.

The nation wanted real reform. But the best way to bring that about is to foster greater competition among insurers. We support a public option because we believe it would challenge insurers to price their premiums more attractively and to apply pressure on providers to control costs.

Instead, senators would require Americans to buy insurance, adding 30 million new customers for insurers who aren't precluded from charging those with pre-existing conditions much higher rates. We support universal coverage, but not as the sole major accomplishment of health-care legislation.

No wonder the stock prices of health insurance companies have shot through the roof.

This is a bad bill for the nation. It is also a risky bill for Democrats to the extent it fails to achieve some of the goals they have rightly touted — and which the public seems to support. If for no other reason than pure political self-preservation, it would be smart to defeat this bill.

Sens. Udall and Bennet supported a public option. They are on the record as saying they cannot support health care reform that fails to reduce costs.

This is their moment to turn those words into action. They should vote against this bill.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_14 ... z0aSbiM9RG
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

April
    WOW......good to SEE! I have no faith in the traitors,Udall and Bennet.

Wow! Knock me over with a feather! That's rather interesting coming from a pro-illegal pro-liberal democrat paper! I wonder if more than just the conservative people are finally clearing the sleep from their eyes!

April
    Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    Wow! Knock me over with a feather! That's rather interesting coming from a pro-illegal pro-liberal democrat paper! I wonder if more than just the conservative people are finally clearing the sleep from their eyes!
    I believe you are right..........THERE ARE ALOT OF ANGRY AMERICANS both liberal and conservative about this travesty!

Ive read so much on the health care debacle that I can't keep it all straight. I think there was something on a few days ago about how even liberal groups like moveon were telling thier followers to oppose this awful bill.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Liberal MoveOn.org opposes Senate health care bill
    (AP) – 4 days ago

WASHINGTON — The liberal group MoveOn.org is opposing the Senate health care bill and urging Democrats to block it.

In a letter to members Friday, MoveOn.org complained that the legislation has no government-run insurance option and no expansion of Medicare.

It urged its members to sign a petition saying, "American needs real health care reform — not a massive giveaway to the insurance companies."

The letter also called on members to send a message to Senate progressives such as Bernie Sanders of Vermont, Roland Burris of Illinois and Russ Feingold of Wisconsin to "block this bill until it's fixed."

MoveOn.org says it has 5 million members. Liberals such as Howard Dean have widely criticized the Senate bill.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... QD9CLU4NO4

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Ive read so much on the health care debacle that I can't keep it all straight. I think there was something on a few days ago about how even liberal groups like moveon were telling thier followers to oppose this awful bill.
    Yeah, they don't want to lose people through disollusionment of losing what wealth they have remaining. This Bill, will transfer what remaining wealth the people have to the elite, and completely and sytematically destroy what is left of the middle class.

So even the liberal groups are waking up to the shenanigans.

Lets Hammer Bennet's Phone.....Lots of PO'ED people are calling in to the radio to tell their story about how Bennet can go up there and slam the Dems for Pay to Play votes but voting for the bill would make him a hypocrite.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Sic, you are correct. Lefty organizations are in full retreat on this bill and are really hammering the Dems. that are pushing this travesty!!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

April
    Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro
    Lets Hammer Bennet's Phone.....Lots of PO'ED people are calling in to the radio to tell their story about how Bennet can go up there and slam the Dems for Pay to Play votes but voting for the bill would make him a hypocrite.
    I have been slamming him and I intend to keep it up, WE NEED TO BE VERY LOUD AND NOT STOP!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast