Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

RELATED

RELATED

The former president called "crazy" the charges that promoting living wills and other end-of-life planning is somehow promoting death.

Bill Clinton: GOP promotes fear on health care

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-166972.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Humor me jshhmr, try this one, it should be easy enough.

I have allready posted many other questions. Perhaps one a little different. If you donot trust or like the insurance companies, why do you trust or like government personalities that do, granted, change from time to time, or the entity itself? One entity likes, or is, motivated by monies, profits which are paid out to many in the form of annuities, there is some sharing of those profits, the other is motivated by power, and a little(?) monies does not seem to hurt their feelings, nor does it prevent corruption amongst our politically savy elected officials. The bigger the cookie jar the harder to see the level of cookies in the jar disappearing.
    You are right about that. The current system is set up to screw people over and make as much money as possible. The difference, if the government controls health care, yes, there will be problems but THE PEOPLE have the power to stop it. Right now, there are so many voices that want to be heard that have been screwed over by privatized health care, but they have no voice. Nobody seems to be interested. As long as no illegal aliens or anchor babies get healthcare, I am all for it. We need a change. I do like Dr. Ron Paul's alternative though. He is the only one that has put out an alternative to government controlled healthcare.

The bottom line is, if it is private or government health care, NOBODY should be screwed out of getting the treatment they need.

Good debate roundabout.

By the way, I don't call myself a Christian only because in modern Christianity you have to "accept that Jesus died on the cross for my sins and I am saved." I believe in Jesus, but the bible has been changed so many times throughout the centuries that the teachings and life of Jesus has been obliterated. I have Christian beliefs and morals, but I expect myself to live up to Jesus' standards by living my life as he would expect me to.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

RELATED

RELATED

Do you believe "death panels" are part of the proposed health care reforms?

VOTE HERE:

http://www.cnn.com/

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-167038.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quick Vote

Do you believe "death panels" are part of the proposed health care reforms?

Yes 23% 3,7492

No 64% 10,4435

Don't know 13% 20,653

Total Votes: 162,580
    NO AMNESTY

Jshhmr, It looks like you could beat up on the government or the insurance industry. Looks good to me.

JMOs based on experience from the times of the past. Back in the 70's the government weilded the big stick in the workforce, it was called OSHA. OSHA scared the bejeebies out of the private business owners. Looking back, hindsight OSHA's fines where rather tame compared to what came next. The trial lawyers. Spill a cup of coffee in your lap and win a lottery ticket. In the 80's for the most part employers were scared of the trial lawyers more so than OSHA. The transfer of the big stick was from government to the insurance industry, now liability insurance was your get out of jail card. OSHA fines were minimal compared to the trial lawyers and courts judgements.

Health insurance is purchashed by the consumer, or the employer for the benefit of the end user the consumer. That is one side of the insurance industry. The provider of health care also needs insurancce. The provider must protect himself from the consumer, thus they purchase liability insurance. The consumer and the provider of the service is now in the middle. The insurance industry is on both ends. They play both ends against the middle. Thus if health care insurance end needs more revenue in a saturated or limited expansion atmosphered market, how can they gain more revenue? The market share is limited or fully subscribed. If the other end of the insurance market, the liability end gets aggressive then that will drive up costs for the provider, who will pass the cost along to the consumer, thus the rates go up on that end.
    The government which is in charge (?) of regulating the industry on both ends now plays the role of enabler. The insurance industry can only move within the parameters allowed by law.

There are four more bills being worked on now, two in the House and two in the Senate, then it all has to go to conference before it lands in the Oval Office.
    Gov't run healthcare would be forcing the big pharma to accept collective bargaining on the drugs. After all, why do Americans pay more for their pills than any other country in the world? My only prescription has jumped from around $86 a month to $103 in the past six years. Why? All I can figure is their advertising budget needs more help pushing more new pills on the public. And what do you bet many of the pills are produced offshore in places like China, where workers get $3 a day?
    Insurance companies are on the same bandwagon, dropping folks who buy private insurance for pre-existing conditions, or charging the folks under employer plans a whole lot more because of pre-existing conditions.
    These costs are far out-stripping the increase of our incomes.
    Without insurance, my annual visit to the doc costs $283 just to get my refill. Three years ago that same 3.2 minute visit was $160+. Why? Perhaps the owner of the clinic needs to make another payment on the mansion or the Mercedes.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

RELATED

RELATED

5 things you need to know about: health care reform

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-167239.html
    NO AMNESTY

Thanks, JD2. Saw that earlier today.
    Until we get closer to a final bill, we are sniping at clouds. While we should all express opinions about our concerns to our Congress, going off the deep end into translating something that is in HB 3200 into the ultimate destruction of American citizens is extremely counter-productive to being taken seriously.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345