Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DOD sells sensitive military equipment

Report: DOD sells sensitive military equipment
    Undercover GAO agents buy materiel that should have been destroyed

By Rich Gardella
    Producer, NBC Investigative Unit
    NBC News
    Updated: 8:10 p.m. ET July 21, 2006
    Government Accountability Office investigators posing as private citizens were able to buy sensitive excess military equipment from a Department of Defense logistics agency, a GAO report obtained by NBC News shows.

The equipment included two launcher mounts for shoulder-fired guided missiles, two guided missile radar test sets, ceramic body armor inserts currently used by deployed troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, a digital signal converter used in naval surveillance, an all-band antenna used to track aircraft and 12 digital microcircuits used in F-14 fighter aircraft.

GAO identified at least 79 buyers of 2,669 sensitive items between November 2005 and June 2006.

GAO made purchases as recently as last month and was able to purchase some new and unused items at a fraction of the cost military units currently purchase them for. The department controls what can be sold, and the logistics agency carries out the transaction.

U.S. officials point out that sensitive Defense Department military surplus items have been illegally exported to China and Iran.
    The investigation was a follow-up to GAO's May 2005 report that found $466 million in lost, damaged and missing excess Defense Department property from fiscal year 2002-FY 2004.

A hearing is scheduled on the issue Tuesday before the House National Security, Emerging Threats and International Relations Subcommittee. The hearing is entitled "DOD Excess Property: Inventory Control Breakdowns Present a Security Risk."

© 2006 MSNBC Interactive
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

More to add to the resume of the Dept. of Homeland Security. What a great agency you created there Bush Baby.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't know about ya'll, but it seems to me like our government has it in for us..........that they are DELIBERATELY destroying us and our country.
    Looks to me like they were all the first ones of the dumbed down ones they created.
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

Hi Ruth and Dixie,

You're both right. Globalism.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

This following quote comes from another thread in Alipac but after reading the Perry article regarding his coverup of the details of the Nafta highway from Texas citizens and then reading this it seems to apply here and is worthy of some discussion on who,how and when to proceed with something like this.

Insert into his/her phrase after Senators and Congressmen and include local and state officials as well as breach of trust with regard to the role the newspapers are suppose to play in government. Remember they are "The Fourth Estate" charged with monitoring and reporting to the public any illegal activities occuring in our government.

ttp://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name...=35394&start=0

AlturaCt
    ALIPAC Instructor 2

When it comes to our Senators and Congressman; who are voting against the American people; remember; anyone can file charges of “dereliction of duty, breach of duty, or civil negligence” against any of our elected officials. Keep that in mind.
    I think time has run out folks. The rest of the nation needs to become aware of what is occuring. The wake up call has to loud and strong. It seems to me if individuals can file complaints perhaps local citizens in the states involved should go to the whereever it is you do this and multple people start filing private actions. It would be good to notify the paper of what has occured and if they cover up add them to the list. These people are corporate mentality. Cities as well as state I believe are incorporated. They need to be delbt with in the color of the law they function under.

Who wants to volunteer to sick this NBC producer on the bigger issue? I've been watching the "sales" of "operational agreements" with regard to our ports and other important infastructure at the national level. Despite the roar of the public this spring congress pass the bill allowing the sales to go through. I have begun to wonder if those entities aren't dummy corps fronting for the transfer of title to land or public property that this government has lost in its multiple bankruptcies. If so the new owner of the United States physical property as well as God only knows what else will be the international banks. ITs lawsuit time folks. We need a world class lawyer and I have no clue where to start finding one.

Sorry I am sure that gave everyone a headache.

Just something to think on. I was interested in the "anyone" can file charges. Is that true?
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

breach of trust with regard to the role the newspapers are suppose to play in government. Remember they are "The Fourth Estate" charged with monitoring and reporting to the public any illegal activities occuring in our government
    xanadu,,

I've been trying since I 'woke up' mid-March, to get the MSM involved. I write, email, fax and phone, Reporters, Anchors, Producers, Directors, for the News, News Magazines (60 Mins., 20/20, et. al.) So far, I've only rec'd form letter replies...."thank you for your interest, as you know, we get thousands..." So I have NO idea if any of my ideas have gotten through or not. I won't quit however.

Here's a quote from something I just posted in thread:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=35456
    Communism is NOT Dead.

John Swinton, former Chief of Staff for the New York Times, said it best in a toast made before the New York Press Club in 1953: "There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, as an independent press. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it will never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone. The business of journalists is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting an independent press? We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes."

What bitterness this statement reveals. I don't know what happened to this man for this statement, but I'd bet he never made such a statement outside of a closed group of journalists. And I know the mainstream media never even noticed his remarks, even though they were made to a gathering of news people. So don't ever expect to hear the truth about how you're being ripped off daily by your own government in the news. It just isn't going to happen. by Ray Thomas
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=35456

So anyone know a great lawyer with the courage to take on big companies or gov't?
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

The business of journalists is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting an independent press? We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes
    I think he spoke the truth here more than many know.

Phillip Berg but he is up to his neck in RICCOs for 911 however.... I wonder.

Hey Pat how's Seattle?
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

It's great, xanadu, thank's for asking!

We're surrounded by loving family, thank God! Still have a lot of moving type things to accomplish, but day by day the list goes down a bit. Gotta find out what to do to register to vote, here, and then have to learn these folk out here! I know Fl, but not Wa.

Gives me more inner strength for our fight for our country!

Every time I see my little guy, or my daughters or son (son-in-law), all I can think about is their futures...it generalizes to your families (my ALIPAC family) then to our beloved nation's future.

Just makes me want to get my fingers bleeding again (reference...W's speech...the bleeding fingers brigade) from emailing/faxing/phoning!

I see my grandson daily! Guess how much determination the daily visits generate!!!
    TIME'S UP!

Banned
    John Swinton, former Chief of Staff for the New York Times, said it best in a toast made before the New York Press Club in 1953:
    After Googling Mr. Swinton I found this at http://www.rense.com/general20/yes.htm
    Yes, Virginia, there was a John Swinton, and yes, he was an editor of the New York Times, and yes, he did say the remarks attributed to him. However, he did not say it at a retirement party, he did not say it as an editor of the Times, and he certainly did not say it in 1953, for the simple reason that he died in 1901.
    The rest of the article is informative reading, and evidently well-sourced.

Enjoy!

Thanks, PineStrawGuys,

After Googling Mr. Swinton I found this at http://www.rense.com/general20/yes.htm
    Quote:
    Yes, Virginia, there was a John Swinton, and yes, he was an editor of the New York Times, and yes, he did say the remarks attributed to him. However, he did not say it at a retirement party, he did not say it as an editor of the Times, and he certainly did not say it in 1953, for the simple reason that he died in 1901.

The rest of the article is informative reading, and evidently well-sourced.
    That he died in 1901, makes it worse! That would mean that the lack of a free press has been going on longer than we thought!
    TIME'S UP!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast