Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Doing jobs that illegals won't do

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/201 ... htm?csp=34

I was watching the eulogy Sunday for the miners who perished in West Virginia. What struck me most was the fact that the miners were either white or black, no Hispanic names among any of those killed.

It really dispels the argument that there are jobs Americans are not willing to do. After all, there are few jobs as dangerous, dirty, difficult and uncomfortable as coal mining. And Americans are doing those jobs, willingly, regardless of the sacrifices.

I know the pay is not in par with the difficulty and danger, but I believe the pay is okay for the area and cost of living. The problem with hiring illegals is that employers are traitors who want obscene profits while taxpayers subsidize their labor force, not that Americans do not want to do hard labor.

Re: Doing jobs that illegals won't do

But ah shucks... how did those jobs get done before all the illegals came here? Magic fairies? (sarcasm) Did I just immagine that I did cleaning work - residential and commercial for years, factory work, greenhouse production work (picking and sorting crops), hotel cleaning and more... hmmm... Necessity will get it done without all the illegals just as before =)
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€