Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Electronic Health Records...manditory by 2014

New Regulations Outline Content, Transmission Standards for Every Americans’ Electronic Health Records
    Friday, July 16, 2010
    By Matt Cover, Staff Writer

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. New regulations issued by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) on Tuesday outline federal standards for the electronic health records that every American must have by 2014.

The regulations, developed by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology and issued by HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, are the first concrete step for the government as it pursues the goal – first outlined in the 2009 economic stimulus law – of making all health care providers use the electronic record systems by 2014.

If doctors or hospitals do not comply and insist on using the traditional paper record-keeping systems, the federal government will penalize them by docking their Medicare and Medicaid reimbursements, making it harder for them to stay in business.

If they choose to comply with the government’s plan, doctors and hospitals can receive generous federal subsidies – as much as $64,000 per doctor and millions of dollars for hospitals – as an incentive for installing the systems.

According to Michael Tanner, a senior fellow and health care reform expert at the free-market Cato Institute, “just 17 percent of U.S. physicians are currently using electronic medical records for their patients,â€

The system reminds doctors to ask certain questions, like, "Have you had a tetanus shot in the last 10 years", if your records don't show that you have had one lately. It also warns the doctor if they prescribe a drug that will interact with one that you already take, or if the strength of the drug might be to strong for you for any reason, or if you are allergic to it. Where I go there is a keyboard and screen in every exam room so the doctor puts the info in right there in front of you. I suggested that they let me check my email while I wait, and others might like to play games while they wait, but they have no sense of humor.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Tightly controlled access... To anyone that the government feels can or should have your information for study or research...like insurance companies and financial institutions AND COURTS and god knows what else...WITHOUT NEEDING PERMIT OR COURT ORDERS.

What happened to Doctor patient privilege?

Brown shirts?

If the government has all of our health information, it will enable them to ration more effectively.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Kaiser has this and it works well. The only problem is that I thought it was strictly for mine and Kaiser's use. What happened to confidentialty between a patient and their doctor. I never authorized my information to be transferred or accessed by anyone else.

The electronic prescription service is nice. The doctor sent it to the drug store and I drove over there and it was ready to go.

If you get sick or injured while you are out of town and your doctor's office is closed because it is night time or the weekend, and you are unconscious, the doctor treating you will still be able to see your medical history.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    The electronic prescription service is nice. The doctor sent it to the drug store and I drove over there and it was ready to go.

If you get sick or injured while you are out of town and your doctor's office is closed because it is night time or the weekend, and you are unconscious, the doctor treating you will still be able to see your medical history.
    Sound wonderful!!!!