Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

email to me from my Rep. on SPP & NAU

Thank you for contacting me about the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SSP) of North America. It is good to hear from you on this important issue.

In March of 2005, President George W. Bush held meetings with President Vicente Fox of Mexico and Prime Minister Paul Martin of Canada, in which they agreed upon the SPP. This agreement is intended to help promote increased trade, create commerce protections against electronic piracy and improve border security operations. Among the proposals included in this agreement is the formation of an Alien Smuggler Prosecution Program between the U.S. and Mexico.

Some Americans are concerned that the SSP threatens the sovereignty and security of our nation.

I oppose any trade policies that would institute a European Union style partnership among the nations of North America. However, the promotion of honest and legal trade among neighboring countries is beneficial to our nation. Canada and Mexico are our first and second largest international trading partners. The total of our trade with these two nations totals approximately $1 trillion dollars each year.

Nonetheless, efforts to encourage commerce with Mexico and Canada must ensure our national security is protected. I am a strong proponent of increasing our customs enforcement and border security capabilities. I voted in favor of H.R. 4437, the Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act. This legislation implements significant first steps in the reformation and strengthening of our border enforcement operations.

Thanks again for contacting me. Please feel free to call me about this or any other issue. You can sign-up to receive the Fourth District E-Mail Newsletter at my website by visiting http://geoffdavis.house.gov/EmailSignup.aspx.

Sincerely,

Geoff Davis

Member of Congress
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

At least you received a reply. I have been sending letters to all my Representatives and none have bothered to reply about the SPP or the NAU.

I find this quite disturbing.

We must encourage all our representatives to denounce this treason.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I say they're all too chicken or they're on the take.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)