Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Empire State Building Goes Red

Empire State Building Goes Red for Communist China, Sparking Protest http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,557823,00.html

I got so mad that I emailed the mayor of New York
    Please help me Complain to commie New York

Here is Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg Email page

(note: you can email anonymously)
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/mail/html/mayor.html

-- Here is my email to the mayor --

Now that your city has totally embarrassed and betrayed all of America with your celebrating Red China’s 60th commie anniversary. I will never spend another dollar in your red city. Not only will I not visit the new RED New York City, I will also examine all products I buy and if it’s made in commie New York I will boycott it. Not until America gets a formal apology will I allow a penny of my American money aid that traitorous city.

This action of yours also disgraces the 3000 Americans murdered on 09/11/01, and New York is no longer entitled any respect due to the lack of respect you just shown America.

What’s next; – A turban for the Statue Of Liberty next Ramadan?

By the way; this is but one email of many to come, I will start a boycott of New York with online posts, blogs, campaigns and petitions where ever and when ever I can. (I’m so glad Red New York does not need the tourism dollar. If you do ask your new buddy RED CHINA for it!)
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Human Rights Watch, a tenant in the building, voiced its displeasure at the tribute to Communist China.

(quote)

Empire State Building lights anger China critics
    By MARCUS FRANKLIN (AP) – 50 minutes ago
    NEW YORK — The Empire State Building has been lit in red and yellow in honor of communist China's 60th anniversary, amid criticism of the gesture.
    The building is routinely lit with different colors to mark holidays and big events, but opponents have questioned whether Wednesday's lighting was the right gesture to commemorate a country with a poor human rights record.
    Several people protested outside the skyscraper during a ceremonial lighting attended by Chinese dignitaries earlier in the day.
    Democratic Congressman Anthony Weiner (WEE'-nur) of New York said the lights should not be used to pay tribute to what he called "a nation with a shameful history on human rights."
    A spokeswoman said in a statement that the building celebrates many world cultures with its lights.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

NEW YORK (AP) — Critics of China's communist government are protesting plans to light the top of New York's Empire State Building red and yellow to honor that nation's 60th anniversary.
    Several supporters of Tibet protested Wednesday outside the iconic building, where a lighting ceremony is planned. The building often changes its lighting colors to mark holidays and big events.
    Democratic Congressman Anthony Weiner (WEE'-nur) of New York says the lights should not be used to pay tribute to what he called "a nation with a shameful history on human rights."
    Building spokeswoman Marisa Picker had no immediate comment.
    China is marking 60 years of communist rule on Wednesday.(quote)

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... gD9B1VGBG0

Jeremiah 29:11
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good email, MadinChicago.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    Good email, MadinChicago.

Thanks! It really burns me up when I see such a lack of respect for America and her people, and I had to do something.

Did you use the email link and tell that wacky mayor how nuts he is?
    My email is only going to mean something if I get others to back me up.

Like I said: you can email anonymously
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>