Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Enough Already! Stop Crying 'Racism'

Comments at the source link...

Enough Already! Stop Crying 'Racism'

Posted by Bobby Eberle
    July 24, 2009 at 7:33 am
    >> Printer-Friendly Version

There are a few issues that rise above the rest for me. One of those is race relations, and how those on the left view "equality." We are all supposed to get along and treat each other fairly, right? Yet, the liberals attempt to do this by treating people unfairly. With racial preferences, different racial and ethnic groups are given favor over others. This is fair? This is equality? I'm sick of it.

Then... when something doesn't go right, these same people claim it's "racism." In the case of test scores, it's never because someone actually performed better than the person complaining. With a promotion, it's never because someone was better qualified than the person complaining. And with crime, if someone was falsely accused or there was a misunderstanding, it's never an honest mistake. It's racism. Give me a break!

The case that has brought this to a head for me is the one involving Obama friend and Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr. Here are the details.

Police were called to the home of Gates by a neighbor. The neighbor saw a man trying to force his way into Gates' home, and was concerned that there might be a burglary taking place. The police arrived, and it turned out that it was Gates and his driver who were trying to force open the door. The police asked Gates for identification at which time he became belligerent and uncooperative. Because of this, the police charged him with disorderly conduct. The charge was later dropped.

Those are the facts, but here's how it went down.

As the police report states, Sergeant James Crowley first met the caller outside of her house. The report indicates:

She went on to tell me that she observed what appeared to be two black males with backpacks on the porch (of Gates' house). She told me that her suspicions were aroused when she observed one of the men wedging his shoulder into the door as if he was trying to force entry.

According to the report, Crowley could see Gates in his house through the front door.

As I stood in plain view of this man, later identified as Gates, I asked if he would step out onto the porch and speak with me. He replied, "no I will not." He then demanded to know who I was. I told him that I was "Sgt. Crowley from the Cambridge Police" and that I was "investigating a report of a break in progress" at the residence. While I was making this statement, Gates opened the front door and exclaimed "why, because I'm a black man in America?" I then asked Gates if there was anyone else in the residence. While yelling, he told me that it was none of my business and accused me of being a racist police officer.

In the report, Gates told Crowley that he had "no idea who he was messing with" and continued to call him a racist police officer. Additional requests to talk with Gates outside were met with "ya, I'll speak with your mama outside." Gates was repeatedly warned that he was becoming disorderly, but continued the tirade. After these warnings, Crowley placed Gates under arrest for disorderly conduct.

Here's where the craziness begins. First, Gates is a professor at Harvard and supposedly one of the premier professors on "race in America." He is also a friend of Barack Obama. Word of the arrest quickly spread and it even made it into a question at the end of Obama's press conference on Wednesday night. Here is what Obama had to say in all his "wisdom:"

Where do I begin! Obama acknowledges that he doesn't know the facts in the case. He had not read the police report, yet he still feels that it's appropriate to comment and MAKE it an issue about race. Let's look at his points: #1 any of us would be pretty angry, #2 the Cambridge police acted stupidly, and #3 there is a long history of African American and Latinos being stopped disproportionately.

Ok, #1. Any of us would be pretty angry? When we are using our credit card, we are asked for ID. Why? To verify ourselves as the card owner and make sure there is nothing fishy going on. In this case, Gates was asked to identify himself and indicate if there were others at the house. This is done to verify the owner and to also cover instances where there may be intruders inside the residence. It is all done to verify the situation. Would this make me angry? NO. Rather than Gates screaming racism, how about simply saying, "Thank you, officer, for protecting my home."

On to #2. Obama states that the police acted stupidly for arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home. Hello! Gates was not arrested for breaking and entering. It was well acknowledged that Gates was in his own residence. Gates was arrested for disorderly conduct, and there is nothing to indicate that the police acted stupidly as our president states.

And #3. Blacks and Latinos are stopped disproportionately. What does this have to do with anything? This was not a traffic stop. The police did not see a "black man" breaking into a house. They were responding to a call from a neighbor. Thus, it is impossible that this has anything to do with profiling. As it turns out, Crowley is a "police academy expert on racial profiling."

Cambridge Sgt. James Crowley has taught a class about racial profiling for five years at the Lowell Police Academy after being hand-picked for the job by former police Commissioner Ronny Watson, who is black, said Academy Director Thomas Fleming.

"I have nothing but the highest respect for him as a police officer. He is very professional and he is a good role model for the young recruits in the police academy," Fleming told The Associated Press on Thursday.

Police officers are also standing by Crowley. As FOXNews.com reports, "Many police officers across the country have a message for President Barack Obama -- Get all the facts before criticizing one of our own."

"What we don't need is public safety officials across the country second-guessing themselves," said David Holway, president of the International Brotherhood of Police Officers, which represents 15,000 public safety officials around the country. "The president's alienated public safety officers across the country with his comments."

The fact is that Barack Obama should have kept his mouth shut. He had no idea what he was talking about, yet used the incident to play the race card. As if this was yet one more example of oppression. I'm sick of it. I would be happy the police were doing their job. I would be thankful that a neighbor cared enough to call the police. And I would certainly respond to the requests of the officers.

All of that seems pretty simple, right? Perhaps if I were one of the foremost scholars on race in America or the president of the United States looking to score cheap points, I might think and act differently. Fortunately, I'm not.

http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/?p=1755
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You know

You know, what really pisses me off when I think about it? My family all came over from Europe as legal immigrants in the early to mid 1900s. they came through ellis island and the whole noble immigrant shabang.
    Never back in my families history did we have any kind of slavery or discrimination, or even knew black people at all for that matter. They came to this country, worked their butts off, ONLY spoke english once they were here, lived to the letter the rule of American law.

Here I am a descendant of these immigrants and there is blatant racism against me in MY Government because MY skin is white? It boggles my mind that I, and others of whos faults are only that THEIR skin is white too, have to suffer the indignation and downright racism as we have seen, by this foul disgusting liberal progressive government ALONG WITH the racist, liberal progressive media.

I put this answer on another item, but it goes best here in this topic.
    I am so tired of this same old agrgument. The white people have bent over backwards to avoid being called a racist. Minorities have more opportunities than we do because we want to avoid being called a racist.
    When the people who commit the crimes are mostly minorities or I should say crimes per minority capita, it is no wonder the police are cautious. If they weren't, many more would be killed in the line of duty. I don't condone ruffness for any race. Everybody should be treated humanely and with the same degree of force. However, when you deal with the crimminal element everyday and your very life is in danger evey day you might tend to look at things a little differently. My nephew, who is white, was stopped repeatedly by the police and I feel it is because of his shaved head, being a teenager and being out late at night. We are going to avoid ourselves right out of jobs and opportunities to raise our families and make a good living. Whites are being replaced by all minorities. Even the labour secretary said that jobs should go to minorities not just white construction workers, etc. Sorry, we need to wake up and do something about it before whites find themselves out of their country. We brought black people over here and I do believe we needed to take them out of slavery however, we didn't need to do it to the point that we ourselves become the slaves. Everyone should have the same opportunities and I think that in this day and age and laws that, it is not that way. Everyone should get opportunites based on their merits. We have more whites in this country so it seems that things are unbalanced but I don't think they are. Now, I might point out that according to my best firend, who is black, you have to be black to understand. My answer to her is you have to be white to understand. I don't know what the answers are, but I don't think that giving any race UNFAIR advantage over another is wrong also.

I might also add to this slavery thing that alot of black people sold their own black people into slavery for money. Why aren't they mad at them? I am upset with Nobummer, because he was suppose to be the UNITER and end the politics of race and here he is ecaserbating the problem. HE IS THE RACIST HERE. When are white Americans going to stand up to this crap. Not that the black people should kiss our butt or anything but I feel that if they were not brought over here, they would not be enjoing the opportunities they now have. They would still be living in Africa and enduring racist crap, from blacks, just because they aren't from the same tribe. Come on give me a break. There is always some kind of prejudice everywhere agaisnt someone. Sure, it would be nice to be liked by all, but that is not the case. People don't like you because you have bucked teeth, are fat, have blue eyes instead of green or brown. They don't like that you because you live on the south side of the tracts, know matter what your color. There are stero types for people that live in trailer parks etc. It is human nature and no amount of legisaltion is going to fix that.

Now, I might point out that according to my best firend, who is black, you have to be black to understand. My answer to her is you have to be white to understand. I don't know what the answers are, but I don't think that giving any race UNFAIR advantage over another is wrong also.
    agrneydgrl, What does your black friend have to say about illegal immigration?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am sick and tired of hearing comments about police pulling over more black and latino drivers. Maybe those police who complain should have to sit and listen to police calls being dispatched to learn the real reasons why. There are 2 reasons police pull people over one is due to traffic violations where often times you don't even know what race or ethnicity they are and the other is in response to BOLOs or APBs. If someone in robbed a store and took off driving a red Dodge Magnum and the 2 people involved in the robbery were black then police officers will pull over in a car like that if the driver and passenger are also black. The same with latinos. They will seldom pull over a white person if the person they are looking for is black or latino. If they are so concerned then maybe they should look at not committing crimes or traffic violations and then they won't have a problem.

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    And look who the current Supreme Court nomination is. As a white woman if I would have said the same thing I would have been lambasted. Her "Latina woman" status allows her to do anything she wants. Even if an African-American woman or man would have said what she did it would not have been tolerated. First in line for preference in this country right now is Hispanic/Latino. Second is African-American. Personally, I see Obama selling black out myself. He just pounced on this incident because in his cockiness he thought it would win him some points.

He just seems so arrogant and self-obsessed that he thinks he can say and do anything he wants and we are all supposed to roll over and take it because he knows he can call the race care any time he wants.

Which just goes to show that this country as a whole has outgrown their racist past more than our president. He is still relying on the same tired, old things to inflict control.

ELE

White people better speak out before they are erased.

I wonder if the Hate crimes bill laws apply to crimes perpetrated on White people because of their skin tone..............no, didn't think so.

I have to agree with all of you in this subject. To be racist or prejudice against others does not belong to whites alone. All people are guilty of this I don't care how much you profess you aren't. Some of the loudest speaking people that speak out against these behaviors are more racist then I am or ever will be.

Al Sharpton comes to mind on that one. looks like our own president is one also. He should never have opened his mouth on that one. He even started out saying he DID NOT KNOW ALL THE FACTS AS OF YET!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

sSicNTiredInSoCal She wants them to go also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast