Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Eric Holder: Black Panther case focus demeans 'my people'

March 01, 2011

Eric Holder: Black Panther case focus demeans 'my people'

Attorney General Eric Holder finally got fed up Tuesday with claims that the Justice Department went easy in a voting rights case against members of the New Black Panther Party because they are African American.

Holder's frustration over the criticism became evident during a House Appropriations subcommittee hearing as Rep. John Culberson (R-Texas) accused the Justice Department of failing to cooperate with a Civil Rights Commission investigation into the handling of the 2008 incident in which Black Panthers in intimidating outfits and wielding a club stood outside a polling place in Philadelphia.

The Attorney General seemed to take personal offense at a comment Culberson read in which former Democratic activist Bartle Bull called the incident the most serious act of voter intimidation he had witnessed in his career.

"Think about that," Holder said. "When you compare what people endured in the South in the 60s to try to get the right to vote for African Americans, to compare what people subjected to that with what happened in Philadelphia, which was inappropriate....to describe it in those terms I think does a great disservice to people who put their lives on the line for my people," said Holder, who is black.

Holder noted that his late sister-in-law, Vivian Malone Jones, helped integrate the University of Alabama.

"To compare that kind of courage, that kind of action, to say some Black Panther incident is of greater concern to us, historiclally, I think just flies in the face of history," Holder said with evident exasperation.

In a series of questions and comments earlier in the hearing, Culberson insisted that race had infected the decision-making process. "There’s clearly overwhelming evidence that your Department of Justice refuses to protect the rights of anybody other than African-Americans to vote," the Texas Republican said. "There's a double standard here."

"This Department of Justice does not enforce the law on the basis of race," Holder insisted.

Rep. Chaka Fattah, a Democrat from Philadelphia, said the Black Panthers "should not have been there." But he said the GOP was making too much out of a fleeting incident involving a couple of people.

"The most unethical thing a person can do is make allegations based on absolutely nothing," Fattah said. "The only issue of race is singling out this particular decision...That this rises to national significance is bogus on its face."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshgerst ... eople.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Eric, Eric, Eric, you STUPID IDIOT.
    it has nothing to do with what happened way back when.
    We know what happened then and its been corrected.

THERE IS NO DAMN COMPARISON!

Fact is, your a racist jerk who does not want to do anything to your kind of people even though the american people demand it.

IF the person standing with nightsticks was white,. Eric would have them in jail now and would have thrown away the key himself

This is the unintended consequenses of having a minority in high office. I guess paybacks are a bitch. I mean, lets just chose the laws we want. If it is against white people go ahead and uphold it. If it is against a minoiryt, let it go. Those damn white people have it coming.

Eric,your people are the American people!
    What an imbecile.

Holder, "your people", are Americans of all the races and many nationalities. Some are even white and black mixed, or black and asian or any one of hundreds of combinations. Some who are considered white today actually share DNA with someone black and vice versa.

Who are "your" people again? Let's all continue to go backwards to the 60's... that'll help.

Holder, you are only digging up old dirt and picking scars off of wounds to make them bleed again.

The phrase "my people" should never have been uttered out of your mouth. Grow up. This is no longer the 60's, blacks and all other minorities have made great strides - don't blow it by taking the side of law-breakers just because they are of the same skin color as you - or not.

As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Erick

Hey Holder, the law is the law. It does not matter if you are red, yellow or blue. Just enforce the law, Holder.

Well, now we have full confirmation that Eric Holder is a racist bigot.

He claims it was wrong when whites intimidate black voters, but OK today for blacks to intimidate white voters.

No equality here folks, just one group in power or the other. Holder wants 'his people' in power.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    House Republicans need to put another item on their to-do list: ask Attorney General Eric Holder for his resignation ASAP.

March 02, 2011

'My People' and the American People Eric Holder Serves

M Catharine Evans
    44 Comments

House Republicans need to put another item on their to-do list: ask Attorney General Eric Holder for his resignation ASAP.

Two years ago he insulted every American when he called us "a nation of cowards." Yesterday in front of a House Appropriations Committee Hearing he all but admitted he's not about to honor the Pledge of Allegiance's promise of "justice for all." Holder brought his $28.2 billion budget request before the lawmakers and got to witness just how willing some people are to have a discussion about race.

The un-cowardly Texas Rep. John Culberson called Holder out on the DOJ's reverse racism regarding the New Black Panther Party's intimidation of white voters in Philadelphia on Election Day in 2008: http://www.mainjustice.com/2011/03/01/t ... ck-voters/

"There is clearly evidence-overwhelming evidence-that your Department of Justice refuses to protect the rights of anybody other than African-Americans to vote."

[snip]

The congressman questioned whether the race of the members of the anti-white fringe group played a role in the department's 2009 decision to dismiss most of a civil lawsuit against them.

Culberson pressed on quoting the former Democratic poll watcher, Bartle Bull who described the NBP's actions as "the most blatant form of voter intimidation he had ever seen." That brought out the worst in Holder who then made Culberson's case for him:

Think about that...When you compare what people endured in the South in the 60s to try to get the right to vote for African Americans, to compare what people subjected to that with what happened in Philadelphia, which was inappropriate. . . to describe it in those terms I think does a great disservice to people who put their lives on the line for my people.

"My people?" Holder needs to go.

Read more M.Catharine Evans at www.potterwilliamsreport.com

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... n_peo.html