Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

EXPELLED - No Intelligence Allowed - Movie - Sounds good

EXPELLED: No Intelligence Allowed
    Win Free Movie Tickets!

Dear Friend,

Stand up for Academic Freedom and see EXPELLED: No Intelligence Allowed in theaters nationwide on FREEDOM FRIDAY - April 18th.

EXPELLED: No Intelligence Allowed, starring Ben Stein, follows his journey around the globe where he discovers that scientists, educators and philosophers are being persecuted in a modern day witch hunt because they dare to go against the theory of evolution. These pillars of education are being fired, ridiculed and ostracized for merely challenging Darwin's theory; proposing that life on this planet could be a part of some intelligent design and not random chance.

This thought-provoking film not only forces us to question what we have been taught but challenges us to ask, "What else is being kept from us?"

There are several ways to engage your community to see the highly anticipated movie release of Ben Stein's EXPELLED: No Intelligence Allowed on opening weekend:

1. ADOPT A THEATER: Buy out a whole screening for your group (school, organization, church) - SELECT HERE http://www.getexpelled.com/grouptickets.php

2. TAKE THE EXPELLED CHALLENGE: The school that brings the most people to see EXPELLED wins $10,000! - SELECT HERE http://www.getexpelled.com/schools.php

3. FETCH A FRIEND, GATHER A GROUP: Bring a few friends or a group to see EXPELLED and you can receive some FREE EXPELLED GEAR - SELECT HERE to sign up
    http://www.getexpelled.com/fetchafriend.php

*FIND EXPELLED PLAYING IN THEATERS NEAR YOU! - SELECT HERE
    http://expelledthemovie.com/theaterap.php

"EXPELLED is at the center of the debate between faith and science – and the implications are enormous for our society," says the film's executive producer Logan Craft. "The time is now for both sides to step up and be heard. Only through healthy debate and discussion will the truth come forward."

Please stand up with Ben Stein and our supporters of Academic Freedom by seeing EXPELLED on FREEDOM FRIDAY – April 18th.
    Sincerely,
    Paul Lauer
    CEO, Motive Entertainment
    A MUST SEE MOVI
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I plan to see it opening day. With all the crap that Hollywood puts out these days, I hope there is a good turnout for this film.

I haven't gone to movies for years. I hate paying the price for junk. But I'm hoping to see it Friday.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Having taught biology to a diverse group of students, I have faced the challenge of teaching it in a sensitive way. I said, ok, we have what appears to be a fossil record of changes over time. There are gaps in this record, so we don't presume to know everything about it. Acknowledging these fossils does not imply the changes were completely at random, and so let me just say that since evolution has scientific backing, we'll agree that God must have wanted it that way. The kids were fine with this.
    What's interesting, is when people talk of "intelligent design" it is assumed that the intelligence is God. But Ben Stein didn't say that exactly, and this can also refer to aliens tinkering with genetics as an experiment. It is hard to teach biology without acknowledging there is a lot we don't know or can't prove (yet). This is why scientists call evolution a "theory", while gravity a "law". It is an idea that makes sense, but it is still a work in progress.

How do you deal with DNA and intelligent design?

I don't address the "why" just the facts. We have DNA. The sun is in the sky. Who "put" that there, if it was by design, is not the issue in teaching biology. Biology is the study of life, not religion. I respect that people have different ideas of where we came from, but as a scientist I stick to the facts as expressed in the physical world. What I believe doesn't matter, as a teacher. So what do I believe as an individual? I'm waiting for more facts, there is too much we don't know to make a conclusion. Einstein believed in God, and he challenged the scientific world with astounding insight into the universe, so I'm not discounting a guiding force beyond our knowledge.

I will try to find you some referrals to books by authors who are scientists who believe in Intelligent Design. They give their analysis through science. I've asked a friend to email me with references. He's an expert on this so when I get them I'll give them to you.

Wow! Got to see it now for sure. The trailers are very professional. Thanks so much. Emailing this to all my friends.

I've seen Phillip Johnson debate this theory called the "Blind Watchmaker" theory.

http://www.leaderu.com/real/ri9203/watchmkr.html

Opening Day BTTT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast