Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by POTUS
    Opening Day BTTT!
    Are you going? I was planning on going today, but I was sick yesterday so I'm not sure. Maybe later. If you go, let me know how you liked it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Quote Originally Posted by POTUS
    Opening Day BTTT!
    Are you going? I was planning on going today, but I was sick yesterday so I'm not sure. Maybe later. If you go, let me know how you liked it.
    I intended to make it yesterday, but was pursuing some job-hunt leads. I'm going this afternoon, and will report back!

I saw it last night. Excellent movie.

I knew about the censorship for in the global warming "science" but had no idea it was happening to such an extent in the ID science.

Quote Originally Posted by PFWAG
    I saw it last night. Excellent movie.

I knew about the censorship for in the global warming "science" but had no idea it was happening to such an extent in the ID science.
    I just came from the movie, and it's very worthwhile. I'll see it again, before it leaves the theaters, and will be buying it, when it comes out on DVD.

I had no idea about the scope of censorship, or the degree to which scientists and academics who even question Darwinian evolution, are ostracized.

The parts of the movie dealing with the beliefs of the Nazis along Darwinian lines, and the eugenics movement are especially sobering.

It is a fast-moving look at a serious subject, that uses old newsreel footage and clips from old movies, to help weave a story line that is somber at times, and humorous at others.

See it when you get a chance, Gogo!

Thanks so much. I hope to see it on Monday between medical appointments. My friends granddaughter is seeing it today with a bunch of friends. She quite bright and an honor student so I'll be looking forward to her critique also. She confronts some of her teachers. She isn't fearful at all about their opinion of her. LOL Good for her.

Thanks again. I think the marketing on TV has been really outstanding.

Hope the theatre still has it there on Monday.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, I just got home from the movie. My hubby met me and we were the only two people in the theater. It was in the middle of the day. Actually, it was great that way. No one talking or shifting around.

THIS MOVIE IS COMPELLING. It is frightening what is happening to this country. My hubby said the first 1/3 was OK but when they got into the history of the Nazi's and how it correlated to evolution, he was sitting on the edge of his seat. (My husband loves history.)

I don't know if anyone else saw it, but when Ben was speaking with the French scientist who brought it up, Ben's face changed. It was almost imperceptible, but it was there.

My friends granddaughter went and saw it with a group of students. They had a discussion group about it after. She couldn't stop talking about it.

We have fascism alive and well in America. I couldn't help see it correlated to our opposition trying to shut us, numbersusa and everyone else down.

This was obviously a labor of love for Ben Stein. I wonder how long it took to put this together and make the movie.

One thing Michael Moore is a pre-schooler when it comes to making movies like this.

As promised, here are the book selections that were recommended by the head of the apologetics department at Biola University. The first is recommended for biology teachers.

Here are a couple of suggestions:

William Dembski, "The Design Revolution" (InterVarsity Press, 2004)
    and
    Lee Strobel, "Case for a Creator" (Zondervan, 2004).

I would recommend the first one for a biology teacher.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12