Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Fascism Update: Obama Regime Takes Another Swipe at Second Amendment Rights

Barack Obama has demonstrated time and again that he will attack any constitutional right that he does not like using any and all means to do so....
    tpnn.com|By Jennifer Burke

September 25, 2014 By Jennifer Burke

Barack Obama has demonstrated time and again that he will attack any constitutional right that he does not like using any and all means to do so. Whether going around Congress with executive orders or leaning on companies to comply to his agenda, he will stop at nothing to get his way. When it comes to the Second Amendment, he has been ruthless in his quest to strip Americans of that right all while he and his family are protected by armed Secret Service agents.

The Daily Signal reports that Obama’s latest attempt to shut down businesses that sell firearms, ammunition and anything else related to Second Amendment rights is through Operation Choke Point, which pressures banks to cease their relationship with any customer “who buy or sell firearms, tobacco and other goods considered “not acceptable” by the Obama administration.”The tyrannical and controlist nature of the Obama regime is in full effect.
    In response to this demand for compliance by Obama, SquareTrade, the popular credit card processor that simply attaches to a smartphone, changed its terms of agreement.
    …you will not accept payments in connection with the following businesses or business activities: …sales of (i) firearms, firearm parts or hardware, and ammunition; or (ii) weapons and other devices designed to cause physical injury.
    In addition, SquareTrade is now preventing the use of its system for the purchase online of tobacco products.
    Today, the Square’s terms prohibit gun-shop owners from using the credit-card processor not only when they are conducting gun sales at their brick-and-mortar stores but even more so when they are offsite, representing their stores at gun shows where they often need the wireless Square Reader to ring up sales on smartphones or tablets. Gun show have been a target of anti-gun activists for nearly 20 years.
    The action and its impact were noted by gun enthusiast blogs at the time, but it was hardly a blip on the radar screen of mainstream outlets.
    Now, with evidence mounting of an all-out war on Second Amendment supporters in the financial marketplace, it fits the bill of an Operation Choke Point target.
    Square’s revised terms of agreement immediately forced vendors to halt the processing of transactions of citizens who simply wish to buy or sell firearms or ammunition.
    This is fascism through and through in Obama’s all out war against Second Amendment rights in order to create an unarmed and unprotected citizenry.

Please share on Facebook and Twitter if you wish Obama would go after terrorist groups as vehemently as he does our Second Amendment rights.

7566 SHARES

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/09/25/fasci...ndment-rights/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gun Rights Across America shared a link.

Credit Card Processor Bans Purchases of Guns and Ammo After Obama Pressure
    Square is a mobile credit card processing gadget and application used by millions of businesses, including the likes of Starbucks and Whole Foods. It’s especially...
    defund.com

825 0 September 26, 2014
    Most Popular, nobama, second-amendment

Square is a mobile credit card processing gadget and application used by millions of businesses, including the likes of Starbucks and Whole Foods. It’s especially popular among small businesses since it essentially allows a business owner to use a tablet or smartphone as a full POS system but a recent quiet change in policy has hit gun shop owners especially hard.
    The Daily Signal reports that when the U.S. Justice Department announced its Operation Choke Point to pressure banks to drop customers who deal in firearms or tobacco, Square quietly changed their terms of agreement.
    Square notified vendors that, “You will not accept payments in connection with the following businesses or business activities:… sales of (i) firearms, firearm parts or hardware, and ammunition; or (ii) weapons and other devices designed to cause physical injury.”

The Daily Signal reports that, “Square’s terms prohibit gun-shop owners from using the credit card processor not only when they are conducting gun sales at their brick-and-mortar stores but even more so when they are offsite, representing their stores at gun shows where they often need the wireless Square Reader to ring up sales.”
    The move comes as the Obama Administration puts significant pressure on financial institutions to stop accepting payments for guns and tobacco, both of which remain perfectly legal at last check.
    What do you think? Is this how the Obama Administration will enact gun control restrictions that they can’t get public and congressional approval on? Square is valued at around $5 billion, will other massive financial companies start prohibiting gun purchases?

http://defund.com/credit-card-proces...edium=facebook
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Independent Institute

Senior Fellow Lawrence McQuillan: "After watching this video ask yourself: Do I want to support this approach and empower Andres Duany and people like him to rule over me and my community using government force? Or do I want to strengthen my private property rights and ensure local control over housing, land use, and transportation issues?"

Fascism Is Efficient, Says Andres Duany, Leading Proponent of “Sustainable Development”

By Lawrence J. McQuillan •Wednesday September 24, 2014 4:23 PM PDT • 1 Comment

Andres Duany (photo by Michigan Municipal League, 2013)

It goes by many names: “sustainable development,” “smart growth,” “transit-oriented development,” to name a few. But development projects built under the banner of “sustainability” share the same elements: high-density residential housing and high-intensity commercial space (so-called mixed use) clustered near capital-intensive mass transit lines surrounded by government-owned “open space” and, increasingly, government-imposed “urban growth boundaries.” Regardless of where a sustainable-development project is located in the world, each tends to apply these elements.
    There is nothing wrong with high-density housing or non-automobile mobility per se. The problem is that sustainability advocates use government to force their vision of tomorrow on others and, equally important, use government to restrict or eliminate alternative visions from being adopted. Individual private-property rights and local decision making give way to the priorities of international, national, state, and regional governmental bodies influenced by urban planners who believe their vision of the next 50 to 100 years is the correct vision and the only vision worth pursuing. Anyone who thinks differently, according to the planners, is wrong, selfish, wasteful, or all three, and must be silenced.
    If you think this description is exaggerated, watch this chilling video of Andres Duany speaking to the Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council on why it should support his Seven50 plan. Mr. Duany is the chief architect of Seven50, the proposed 50-year regional development plan for seven counties in Southeast Florida, including Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties. Mr. Duany is a leading urban planner, author of The Smart Growth Manual, and a founder of the Congress for the New Urbanism, which seeks to end suburban sprawl. After watching this video ask yourself: Do I want to support this approach and empower Andres Duany and people like him to rule over me and my community using government force? Or do I want to strengthen my private property rights and ensure local control over housing, land use, and transportation issues?

*I thank Mark Gotz of the American Coalition 4 Property Rights for bringing this video to my attention after I spoke at the American Dream Coalition’s 10th Annual Conference in Denver, Colorado, September 19-21, 2014. The American Dream Coalition is a nonpartisan organization fighting back against government threats to mobility and affordable homeownership.

Tags: Economic Development, Energy, Environment, Fascism, Government subsidies, Housing, Land use, Personal Liberty, Property Rights, Regulation, Transportation

Enjoy The Beacon? Help us inspire ideas on liberty with a tax-deductible contribution!

http://blog.independent.org/2014/09/...e-development/