Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Feminist Abuse of Domestic Violence Laws

Feminist Abuse of Domestic Violence Laws
    November 28, 2007 by Phyllis Schlafly

The radical feminists have devised a scheme to cash in on a flow of taxpayers' money in a big way. Their good buddy Senator Joseph Biden (D-DE) has just introduced a bill called I-VAWA (International Violence Against Women Act, S. 2279).
    I-VAWA earmarks at least 10 percent of its program funds to be granted to a certain type of women's organizations. Biden's press release identifies the favored groups: N.O.W.'s Legal Momentum, Family Violence Prevention Fund, Women's Edge Coalition, and Center for Women's Global Leadership.

I-VAWA would create a new Office of Women's Global Initiatives that would control all foreign domestic-violence programs and funds in the Departments of State, Justice, Labor, Health and Human Services, and Homeland Security.

The radical feminists who would be the recipients of I-VAWA's awesome bureaucratic and money power are very selective about the kinds of violence they will target in 10 to 20 foreign countries. They have no interest in speaking up for the hundreds of thousands of unborn girls in China and India who are victims of sex-selection abortions.

Feminist ideology about the goal of gender-neutrality and the absence of innate differences between males and females goes out the window when it comes to the subject of domestic violence. Feminist dogma is that the law should assume men are batterers and women are victims.

How this malicious ideology plays out in U.S. courts every day is described in a revealing article in the November Illinois Bar Journal. Titled "Sword or Shield: Combating Orders-of-Protection Abuse in Divorce," the article spells out how petitioners can gain unfair advantage in divorce and child custody by using the Illinois Domestic Violence Act.

Political correctness requires that the Illinois Bar Journal use gender-neutral words, but anyone familiar with this subject knows that the term petitioner overwhelmingly means wife and respondent means husband.

Orders of Protection (OP) were designed to be a "shield" to protect against domestic violence. This article bluntly describes how a petitioner can use an OP as a "sword" to obtain child custody in an expedited manner, to restrict a father's visitation with his children, and to gain exclusive use of the home.

The petitioner simply bypasses the Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act (IMDMA) and instead goes to court under the Illinois Domestic Violence Act (DVA) because that statute has a clear bias. As artfully described in the Illinois Bar Association article, it is "petitioner-friendly."

Orders of Protection, available at any courthouse, are easy to file even by non-lawyers, and rarely require any fees. The DVA permits non-attorney domestic-abuse advocates to sit at counsel table and give confidential and privileged advice to the petitioner.

It's also much easier to get an OP, and once granted along with exclusive possession of the home, the law clearly favors the wife maintaining child custody and the home unless the husband is able to present a preponderance of evidence that the custody arrangement is a hardship to HIM. The divorce act gives no such preferential presumption.

Accusations of abuse and demands for an OP are extremely useful in denying child custody to the respondent. The DVA includes "a rebuttable presumption that awarding physical care to respondent would NOT be in the minor child's best interest."

The DVA requires that a petition for an OP be expedited, and judges typically allot only 15 or 20 minutes to each case, which is not enough time to hear all the relevant evidence. Resolving a custody decision in a divorce proceeding usually requires many months.

The Illinois Bar article concludes: "If a parent is willing to abuse the system, it is unlikely the trial court could discover (her) improper motives in an Order of Protection hearing."

Under the divorce law, a parent is entitled to "reasonable visitation rights." But he loses those rights in an OP hearing under the DVA because the standards of evidence do not apply and the court has "wide discretion to restrict visitation."

The greatest potential for abuse of the system is that a petitioner can circumvent the divorce law and thereby restrict visitation by the other parent. The longer a parent is able to retain temporary custody, the greater her opportunity to obtain permanent custody.

The use of Orders of Protection is a "high stakes matter," not only because it can irrevocably affect the lives of the children, but because violating an OP is a crime for which the respondent can be jailed.

The Law Journal's advice to lawyers on how to prevent their clients from being railroaded as a victim of OP is pretty pathetic: "spend time and money."

Eagle Forum
    www.eagleforum.org

Looks like he is fishing for the female vote.

Police departments across the US have a victims assistance programs and I think the money should go there.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hmm... I actually had to file a PFA against my 13-yr-old step-daughter in April after she got me a life-flight to a head trauma center (she's a BAD kid).

Anyway, my PFA was for "parent abuse." And not surprisingly, there is very little support for a parent who has been abused by their children (or step-kids). Sadly, this instance is becoming all-too common. While I was filling out my paperwork, there was another couple in the office filing a PFA against their two teenaged kids.

Of course, I pressed criminal charges as well, but under PA juvenile law, they always assume the kid is able to be "rehabilitated" and so, as the victim, I get diddly squat. I even had the juvie court judge pressuring me during the hearing to drop the felony aggravated assault charge against her because "she's just a kid" after all. This was 3 days after I had sustained a concussion and symptoms of PTSD started to set in. I was stuttering pretty bad and in NO emotional state to be testifying, but that mattered not. Because the VIOLENT CRIMINAL OFFENDER is only 13. I guess they think rehabilitation is impossible once the 18th birthday passes.

Well, enough of my own sob story. I only mean to say that there are so many double standards going on anymore, I dont even know what else to say.
    Proud wife of an undocumented ICE agent.
    Definition of a RACIST according to Madeline Cosman : Real American Committed to Integrity Sovereignty and Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Looks like he is fishing for the female vote.

Police departments across the US have a victims assistance programs and I think the money should go there.

Dixie
    Our DA, Charles "Joe" Hynes, has done a phenomenal job in tackling this issue, especially with programs that let battered women get in touch with the NYPD immediately if they feel that their lives are imperiled or that their ex-husbands or boyfriends are going to flout a restraining order.

Of course, it would be even more helpful if they could legally arm themselves with a concealed firearm, but for some reason the 2nd Amendment seems to be anathema to ol' Joe.

Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

UT ..just ONE illegal is too many, let’s start w/the usurper & his cronies..!! ;)

What broke America's back?

Good post Doots!

Thanks to affirmative action, which spurred ‘radical feminists’ and panderer’s like Biden, is what broke America's back, aka known as the family, LONG before the huge wave of illegal aliens were unleashed.. We have an uphill battle now, so stay in shape..!

I think I found this article here in AliPac.US In my opinion, it needs another shot at the headlines... It makes my blood boil!

VAWA gives more rights to illegals than Citizens ..!

Carey Roberts
    September 18, 2007

Attention, ladies of the world: The U.S. Congress has now granted you the Keys to Kingdom that will unlock the door to U.S. citizenship, a good-paying job, and tons of free services. Here's how it works.

First, get into the United States, anyway you can. If you're going to do it legally, a Temporary Worker visa is the easiest way. But why bother with the paperwork, just walk across the border when they're looking the other way!

Next, you need to find a man. Do it quickly before they can deport you. And preferably a guy who can't afford his own lawyer — I'll explain why in a minute.

Tell him you came to the United States to find a new life, to start over, whatever. Use your feminine wiles. Tell him how badly your previous boss or boyfriend treated you. Move in with him. If you can get pregnant or married, that much better.

Here's where it gets a little dicey, but if you follow my instructions carefully, you'll nail down that restraining order and hit the VAWA jackpot. Think of a time when he raised his voice, got angry, or told you to stop over-spending the bank account. In our abundant Land of Opportunity, all of those things are considered to be domestic violence!

Now all you have to do is go to a judge and say the argument you had last night made you feel afraid. If you can say it with a trembling lip or misted eye, that will work wonders.

Or just accuse him of trying to "control" you. All this may sound unbelievable, but judges have been to lots of classes, and they know that domestic violence is all about power and control.

If that doesn't work, just make something up about him shoving or forcing you to have sex. But don't claim he actually slugged you, or the judge might want to see the bruises — then you'd have some explaining to do.

Don't worry about your illegal status, because amazingly the judge is not allowed to ask. Not only that, judges are instructed, "A denial of a protective order would be discrimination based on national origin which is specifically prohibited by law." You can find that in the Arizona Domestic Violence Benchbook — right there on page 25: www.supreme.state.az.us/cidvc/PDF/DVBB.pdf

That drive-through restraining order will get your husband or boyfriend kicked out of the house. Now the fun really begins.

First, claiming to be a battered woman (it's better to use red-meat words like "battered" rather than "abused") makes it almost impossible for the Citizenship and Immigration Service to deport you.

And now you can start to apply for a broad range of benefits — welfare, Medicaid, and child support. Remember, none of these programs need to know that you are an illegal immigrant — even if they ask, and don't have to answer.

Then you can go to the Immigration Service and "self-petition" for work authorization, permanent residency, and eventual citizenship. Form I-360 says all you need is an order of protection — so the 15 minutes you spent at the courthouse is already reaping huge dividends.

At some point they might ask you if you are a victim of battery or extreme cruelty. Don't worry, because if you look at the fine print, the law says your self-declaration is enough. That means whatever you say, they have to believe you. Didn't I tell you this was going to be a blast?

And there are loads of websites that give step-by-step instructions how to work the system, like WomensLaw.org: http://www.womenslaw.org/immigrantsVAWA.htm#25

If you still don't believe me how easy this is, then go to the website of the U.S. government: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/ ... f3d6a1RCRD

So it all boils down to three simple steps:

1. Get into the country

2. Find a man

3. Accuse him of abuse

And remember the Violence Against Women Act guarantees you free legal help. But your husband or boyfriend won't be eligible, so if he can't afford a lawyer, you've already won the case.

Maybe you've heard of men who were falsely accused of abuse, how it ruined their reputations, emptied out their bank accounts, and destroyed relationships with their children.

Don't worry about those stories. Congress put these benefits into the VAWA law, so obviously it intended for you to take advantage of them.

You go, girl!

Carey Roberts is an analyst and commentator on political correctness. His best-known work was an exposé on Marxism and radical feminism.

Mr. Roberts' work has been cited on the Rush Limbaugh show. Besides serving as a regular contributor to www.RenewAmerica.US He has published in The Washington Times, www.LewRockwell.com www.iFeminists.net Men's News Daily, www.Eco.Freedom.org The Federal Observer, Opinion Editorials, and The Right Report.

Previously, he served on active duty in the Army, was a professor of psychology, and was a citizen-lobbyist in the US Congress. In his spare time he admires Norman Rockwell paintings, collects antiques, and is an avid soccer fan. He now works as an independent researcher and consultant.

Page Link: http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/roberts/070918

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DON’T call illegal aliens what the liberal left OBL [open borders lobby] WANT you to call them at best: illegal immigrants.

There's NO such thing as an illegal immigrant!

The ACCURATE term is an ILLEGAL: [size=150][i][b]“ALIEN, MIGRANT or FOREIGN NATIONAL.â€
    No need for ‘mass roundups’, simply ENFORCE EXISTING law*& MANDATE the worker ID, ..but SEVEN amnesties? Hmm, WHO cried wolf?!

SEC. 300B. OFFICE OF WOMEN'S GLOBAL INITIATIVES.

`(a) Establishment- There is established in the Office of the Secretary of State in the Department of State, the Office of Women's Global Initiatives. The office shall be headed by the Coordinator of the Office of Women's Global Initiatives (referred to in this title as the `Coordinator'), who shall be appointed by the President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate. The Coordinator shall report directly to the Secretary and shall have the rank and status of Ambassador at Large.

`(b) Purpose- The Office of Women's Global Initiatives shall be the sole office coordinating all efforts of the United States Government regarding international women's issues and is intended to replace the Office of International Women's Issues in the Office of the Under Secretary for Democracy and Global Affairs in the Department of State.

`(c) Duties- The Coordinator shall have the following responsibilities:

`(1) IN GENERAL- The Coordinator shall--

`(A) design, oversee, and coordinate activities and programs of the United States Government relating to international women's issues; and

`(B) direct United States Government resources to--

`(i) prevent and respond to violence against women and girls throughout the world; and

`(ii) develop the comprehensive international strategy described in section 300G to reduce violence against women and girls.

`(2) PRINCIPAL ADVISOR- The Coordinator shall serve as the principal advisor to the Secretary of State regarding foreign policy matters relating to women, including violence against women and girls.

`(3) COORDINATING ROLE- The Coordinator shall--

`(A) oversee and coordinate all resources and activities of the United State Government to combat violence against women and girls internationally, including developing strategies for the integration of efforts to prevent and respond to gender-based violence into United States assistance programs;

`(B) coordinate all policies, programs, and funding related to violence against women and girls internationally of the Department of State, including--

`(i) the Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration;

`(ii) the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor;

`(iii) the Bureau for International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs;

`(iv) the Bureau of Education and Cultural Affairs;

`(v) the Bureau of Political Military Affairs;

`(vi) the Bureau of International Organizations Affairs;

`(vii) the Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs;

`(viii) the Foreign Service Institute;

`(ix) the Office of the Coordinator for Reconstruction and Stabilization;

`(x) the Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons;

`(xi) the Office of the United States Global AIDS Coordinator; and

`(xii) all regional bureaus and offices;

`(C) coordinate all policies, programs, and funding related to violence against women and girls internationally in the Department of Justice, the Department of Labor, the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Defense, and the Department of Homeland Security;

`(D) coordinate all policies, programs, and funding relating to violence against women and girls internationally in the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), including the Women's Global Development Office;

`(E) monitor and evaluate all such gender-based violence programs administered by the entities listed in subparagraphs (B) through (D), as necessary;

`(F) coordinate all policies, programs, and funding of the Millennium Challenge Corporation relating to violence against women and girls internationally;

`(G) design, integrate, and, as appropriate, implement policies, programs, and activities related to women's health, education, economic development, legal reform, social norm changes, women's human rights, and protection of women in humanitarian crises, including those identified pursuant to section 300G(c); and

`(H) encourage departments listed in subparagraph (C) to create agency-specific programmatic guidelines on addressing violence against women and girls internationally and monitor implementation of those guidelines.

`(4) DIPLOMATIC REPRESENTATION- Subject to the direction of the President and the Secretary of State, the Coordinator is authorized to represent the United States in matters relevant to violence against women and girls internationally in--

`(A) contacts with foreign governments, nongovernmental organizations, the United Nations and its specialized agencies, and other international organizations of which the United States is a member; and

`(B) multilateral conferences and meetings relevant to violence against women and girls.

`(d) Authorization of Appropriations- There is authorized to be appropriated $10,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2008 through 2012, under the heading `Diplomatic and Consular Programs', to carry out activities under this section. Funds appropriated pursuant to this subsection shall be under the direct control of the Coordinator.

`SEC. 300C. WOMEN'S GLOBAL DEVELOPMENT OFFICE.

`(a) Establishment- There is established, within the United States Agency for International Development, the Office of Women's Global Development. The Office of Women's Global Development shall be headed by the Director of Women's Global Development (referred to in this title as the `Director'), who shall be appointed by the President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate. The Director shall report directly to the Administrator of the United States Agency for International Development and shall consult regularly with the Coordinator of the Office of Women's Global Initiatives.

`(b) Purpose- The Office of Women's Global Development shall be the sole office coordinating all efforts of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) regarding international women's issues and is intended to replace the Office of Women in Development in USAID in existence on the date of the enactment of this title.

`(c) Duties-

`(1) IN GENERAL- The Director shall--

`(A) integrate gender into all policies, programs, and activities of the United States Agency for International Development to improve the status of women, increase opportunities for women, and support the overall development goals of United States programs and assistance;

`(B) ensure that efforts to prevent and respond to violence against women and girls are integrated into United States Government foreign assistance programs at the strategic planning and country operational plan levels; and

`(C) monitor the manner in which such activities are integrated, programmed, and implemented in each country plan.

`(d) Authorization of Appropriations- There is authorized to be appropriated $15,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2008 through 2012 to carry out activities and collaboration related to preventing and responding to gender-based violence.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c ... GDaO:e1664:

The above info is from S 2279 which has been referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations.

All this originated with feminist demanding women vote ! No such thing as equal rights, because men and women are not equal in every aspect . Women have strentgh in different ways than men .

Every since the hand that rocked the cradle and ruled the world by raising good men left the cradle for the podium this nation has declined . We women paid attention and guided societal rules . Basically we ruled .

We abandoned our young , old and husbands who once provived for the family . Our children went from infant to teen into the care of strangers . Our parents are put in homes and drugged to die early and lonely deaths .

The poor women who inherited this now have no choice but to seek out of home responsibilites.

We were not abused as we are today because we were honored by men and respected . There is a limit to gender roles in society .

In some societies women are treated like servants or less than animals, this was never the case in ours .

We really came a long way all right !

Moving to other topics.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    Moving to other topics.

LOL, too hot ' out ' of the kitchen .