Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Final Stimulus Bill Creates Govt. Database for Med. Recds.

Final Stimulus Bill Creates Government Database that Will Hold Every American’s Personal Medical Records

Thursday, February 12, 2009
    By Fred Lucas, Staff Writer

President Barack Obama at his first prime-time news conference on Monday, Feb. 9, 2009, in the East Room of the White House. (AP Photo)

(CNSNews.com) - The final version of the stimulus bill, negotiated by the Democratic leaders of the House and Senate, includes a provision creating a federal database that will hold the personal medical records of every American, Katie Grant, spokeswoman for House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) told CNSNews.com Thursday.

The full language of the final package had not been released as of press time. But the bills that passed both the House and Senate created an “Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technologyâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I mentioned this on another thread. It is scary. WE are going down a slipery slope very fast under the new Obama order.

Suzanne,

I apologize if you have already posted this story. You can report a "duplicate post" to a moderator by clicking on the red explanation mark in the upper right hand corner of the article and entering the link to your original post.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome to alipac "SuzanneDeAz" glad you have joined us...

Texas2step...you are ok it is not actually a duplicate post Suzanne made basically the same statement under another article on another post..but the articles were not just the same...

I do agree with you Suzanne we should be very concerned about what they are doing in this stimulus with health care and who knows what they will pull with the Real ID.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Why do you think so many are not concerned about these matters? It is much more than the economy we have at state here. Can they not see we are on a very slippery slope?

I am also concerned about the "Fairness Doctrine". I know that it most likely will not affect the internet but it will affect the venue of "talk radio". Has this been discussed much on this forum? I will do a search and find out.

I think not enough people are paying attention or getting involved....all they are thinking of is "free health" care which most of us knows it is not "free " we more than pay for it and will get less care.

Real ID most people have no idea what it entails...maybe they should move to china.

I am for Real ID...for people who enter our country and are not citizens so we can keep track of them.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneDeAz
    I am also concerned about the "Fairness Doctrine". I know that it most likely will not affect the internet but it will affect the venue of "talk radio". Has this been discussed much on this forum? I will do a search and find out.
    Well i think they are going to have a real hard time with that one...Lou Dobbs today said that would definitly make him become and activist and Glenn Beck said today "Bring it on"

I also heard on the news today they could not even get one democrat to sign on as a co-sponser...so that doesn't sound to good for the "fairness Doctrine".

That is good to know, however I would not put it pass them to put it in a bill and hide it, or go through the back door. I just feel at times that we are in a very slippery slope situation with all of the changes.

SusanneDeAz,
    I believe that the danger of the Fairness Doctrine has been replaced by that of introducing more government control of broadcasting under the guises of "diversity" and "localism", a concept for which Pres. Obama has expressed his support. Essentially this seems to mean that, if anyone in a specific broadcast area complains about a lack of "diversity" or "local representation" (in ownership and/or management, I believe), the federal government then can become involved as the investigative body into the complaint and as the "agent of change" of this "situation". There is an interview with the acting chief of the FCC expressing his views on diversity and localism here:
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-145967.html

And I believe you could get more information just by googling "localism".

I agree that, whether calling it the Fairness Doctrine or Localism, the introduction of such government control of programming is very chilling.

You might also be interested in "Senator Stabenow Exudes Hypocrisy of 'Fairness Doctrine'":
    http://www.michnews.com/Chris_G_Adamo/S ... rine.shtml

Welcome to ALIPAC!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast