Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Firing Public Union Workers Creates Jobs New Haven, Connecti

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Firing Public Union Workers Creates Jobs

Public unions in New Haven, Connecticut have not yet gotten the message that business-as-usual no longer flies. I am quite happy with that because the city responded by dumping public workers and privatizing services, and that is exactly what needs to happen.

Firing public union workers actually creates jobs.

How so? Let's start with a look at the union position as described in War Is On In Custodian Negotiations http://www.newhavenindependent.org/inde ... war_is_on/

Three hours after school custodians blasted the city for threatening to privatize their jobs, the city released a counterattack: It revealed results of a surprise inspection that found custodians watching TV while they were supposed to be at work.

Negotiations were already “on the verge of disasterâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good article..
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Does GCA Services Group, Inc. use the e-verify program?This is important.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Absolutely every custodian job that I have seen privatized has gone to illegals. City, county, state and federal. I agree with custodial jobs having benefits but I also agree that like everything else - it needs oversight so they aren't watching TV when they are supposed to be working. So I am not too sure about this.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Oh yea lets fire some union workers. Lets drive down wages even further than they are now. Oh...I know....Lets hire some illegals to do the job.

It is a myth that union workers get paid too much. They just are not working for slave wages thats all. Some unions have managed to keep their members wages in step with the cost of living. Those who bark about union members getting paid too much are usually those who would like to replace them with slave labor.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Amen to that redpony!

Historically in my life it was the government employees who were looked down on as being low-wage and not highly skilled workers. Their positions have not changed so much while the rest of the job market has been on a huge downward slide for decades. If this attack on our nation's jobs had not occurred the government employees would still be considered low-wage workers for the most part.

I am very tired of this citizen against citizen crap. It's the people at the top that make the unsustainable wages and have been for a very long time. Sure it rankles to find workers watching TV instead of working - there is disciplinary action for that.

I am sure that their upper management takes care of personal business on the clock and has extravagantly long lunches on the public dole and gets to browse the internet behind the safety of their closed doors.

People don't immigrate here for these low-wage jobs although true, for some it is heaven on earth. I believe that for the most part people immigrate here for the chance for themselves or their children to get into one of those high paying jobs with salaries unseen elsewhere on the planet. Let's stop kicking our own. This is penny ante compared to the true sources of the problems.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!