Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    This whole thing really gets me. One thing I learned along time ago is that black police officers are harder on black people than they are on the white ones. They taught us that in law enforcement systems class which was a mandatory class we had to take to get our BSc in criminal justice. I have also seen it on the road during my internship and actaully heard black people complain about the black officer not siding with them.
    LOL pretty funny stuff. Most police officers take pride in their duties and want to do the right thing. Can you show me a story where a black officer responding to a home burglary, has shot and killed the homeowner who called -of ANY race? How many white undercover officers have been killed by a fellow officer while on duty?
    I believe the class you mentioned went into further detail about black on black officer encounters. What you wrote makes it seem like black officers are racist against black people. From what I've seen over the years, a black officer doesn't look at skin color to determine a threat.
    I don't know what Gates said to Crowley, but I do know the 911 caller never says the men were black, yet Crowley said she did in his report. I can't believe a word this officer says/writes...

Black officers do not usually look at skin color but the areas I have seen them hard on their own is in the bad crime ridden predominently black neighborhoods. Many of the people that the calls are about are well known to the officers. It is not a racist thing but they know more about the culture and how to deal with them to get them to listen. It is no different than me dealing with someone of my ethnicity as I know their ways and how to get them to listen better than someone that is not familiar with that culture.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We can agree there's a big difference between how an officer should treat a known criminal compared to how he/she should treat an elderly person in a wheelchair. The point is some white officers treat ANY black person they encounter as if they ARE a known criminal. How else do you explain the point I made about how we rarely see a black officer involved in a shooting that many folks feel should never have happened.
    I understand why some blacks get upset when issues like the Gates arrest come up. Like now, even after hearing the 911 caller never mention race until pressed, the officer wrote in his report that she told him 2 larger black men had backpacks on the porch, and still many folks are still siding with the officer...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12