Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Fox's Glenn Beck says he believes Obama is racist

Fox's Glenn Beck says he believes Obama is racist

Posted 5 m ago

NEW YORK (AP) — Fox News Channel commentator Glenn Beck said he believes President Obama is a racist. Beck made the statement during a guest appearance Tuesday on the Fox & Friends morning show. He said Obama has exposed himself as a person with "a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture."

His remarks came during a discussion of Obama's reaction to the arrest of Harvard University scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. Gates is black and was arrested for disorderly conduct by a white policeman over a misunderstanding about a break-in at Gates' home.

An Obama spokesman, William Burton, said the White House had no comment on Beck.

Beck's statement was challenged on the air by Fox host Brian Kilmeade, who noted that most of the people who work for the nation's first black president are white.

"I'm not saying he doesn't like white people," Beck said. "He has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist."

FIND MORE STORIES IN: George W. Bush | Barack Obama | Harvard University | Fox News Channel | Kanye West | CNN | Glenn Beck | Henry Louis Gates, Jr. | Brian Kilmeade
    Beck wondered, during the discussion, what other president would immediately jump on the police for their actions in the case. Obama said in a news conference that he believed the police acted stupidly in the case, but later backtracked from the statement and invited Gates and the police officer, Sgt. James Crowley, to the White House for a conciliatory meeting later this week.

Bill Shine, Fox News senior vice president of programming, told the TVNewswer website that Beck had "expressed a personal opinion which represented his own views, not those of the Fox News Channel. And as with all commentators in the cable news arena, he is given the freedom to express his opinions."

Racial controversies are hardly new to presidents. In 2005, entertainer Kanye West said during a telethon after Hurricane Katrina that President George W. Bush "doesn't care about black people."

Beck, also a radio host and best-selling author, was an immediate hit with Fox News Channel viewers, starting in January when he made the jump from HLN (formerly CNN Headline News).

Beck didn't speak about the racial comments on his own Tuesday Fox show.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television ... bama_N.htm
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

ELE
    Obama has proven to be a racist but I'm surprised that Glenn Beck called him on it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I believe this is a racist administration and I would add anti-American.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

I bet Al and Jessy are going to be mad.

They think they are the only ones who can call people racist and get away with it
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Good for Beck. He will probably be in the same boat as Lou Dobbs and everyone will be calling for him to be fired. So much for the uniter, as Nobummer likes to call himself. He is going to transend race. Yea whatever. What a joke this man is. I am embarassed to call him my president. For the first time in my Adult life I am not proud to be an Amercian with this man represnting and apologizing for our country. We have done a bad thing electing this racist.

I don't know how you can sit around and listen to Jeremiah Wright and not have some underlying racial issues. What's the difference between that and a white guy listening to a Klansman? I'm not interested in a darn thing either one of them have to say.

Obama sure didn't avoid Wright since he preformed the marriage ceremony for "Obama and his wife Michelle, baptized their two daughters and is credited by Obama for the title of his book, The Audacity of Hope."

I'm not comfortable listening to, much less hanging out with any racists and I'm sure not going to ask them to officiate ceremonies involving my family.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He is a racist. As a lawyer you always must think before you speak and should have had lots of experience with that. For those who are interested here is a copy of the police report regarding the incident that started it all.

CambridgePDPoliceReport16July2009.pdf (246KB)

MW
    After the Gates incident, I tend to agree with Beck. IMO, anyone that would jump on the side of someone calling another person a racist without all the facts, must be a racist too.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    He is a racist. As a lawyer you always must think before you speak and should have had lots of experience with that. For those who are interested here is a copy of the police report regarding the incident that started it all.

CambridgePDPoliceReport16July2009.pdf (246KB)
    I want nothing more than for Gates to keep on pushing this. Pride comes before a fall. The police officers have the moral high ground on this one and I'm pretty sure they have more enlightening evidence and information about the event that Gates will not be able to twist and dispute.

Dixie

This whole thing really gets me. One thing I learned along time ago is that black police officers are harder on black people than they are on the white ones. They taught us that in law enforcement systems class which was a mandatory class we had to take to get our BSc in criminal justice. I have also seen it on the road during my internship and actaully heard black people complain about the black officer not siding with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast