Curing cancer; Delivering global health care while saving trillions; Replacing oil with the sun and building sunshine-driven cars

G.I. Joe wins Medal of Honor, sharing joy with Obama

By Kelly O'Connell
Monday, October 12, 2009

In a move sending waves of shock and awe through the entire armed services, G.I. Joe, with Lifelike Beard, was honored with his first Medal of Honor for service above and beyond the call of duty. This news comes on the heels of the surprise announcement that President Barack Obama had been chosen for the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize.

Barack was informed of his win over his daily bowl of Lucky Charms, while still in his WH pajamas, and he immediately leapt up to dance a jig. This achievement occurred despite the fact he was unaware he was on the Nobel short list, or that he even was technically eligible for the award after 11 days of unfettered yeoman’s service.

Asked about Joe’s selection, the POTUS answered with his typical humble aplomb, “I know the excitement and joy both he and his family are feeling right now. He’s probably doing just like I am—pinching himself while asking, “Is this Real?!!â€