Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas prices?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

All I know is when oil was 102 a barrel last year gas was $2.29 a gallon now with oil at $102 a barrel gas is $3.59. The oil co. is getting richer and we are getting poorer.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy

MW
    wmarincic wrote:

All I know is when oil was 102 a barrel last year gas was $2.29 a gallon now with oil at $102 a barrel gas is $3.59.
    For obvious reasons (greed), gas prices go up much quicker than they come down.

Didn't I just hear that OPEC decided to cut production? It's all about the green! I seriously doubt we'll ever see $2.29 a gallon again.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Darn! Just got to the station after the fuel delivery truck this morning. Paid $4.19 for regular unleaded.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When I was going to work yesterday I saw ARCO at $3.69 a gallon. So far in California the gas prices have been steadily declining. Something good for this state!

I'M BROKE!

THAT'S MY WORD AND I AM UNDER THE ROCK;

NO AIR OH MY! NOTHING FREE!

MY HEEL SPURS HATING TOO MUCH WALKING!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The gas and oil opportunists are SURE to EXPLOIT the latest disaster posed by Hurricane Ike by JACKING UP the gas prices!

Notice how all the anti drillers say that the drilling would be such a little percentage of the worlds oil supply that it wouldn't effect the gas prices at all because the added supply wouldn't amount to much.......

But then a TINY percentage of the worlds wells get threatened by a storm off the coast of Texas and the prices sky rocket? I'm sure these few wells deliver far fewer barrels than the total offshore drilling and Anwar would produce.

Plus the politicians say the oil drilled here can't be kept for US consuption because its a world market, BUT on the contrary, if the oil is kept here that drives down our demand from foriegn sources, hence they lower the price, if put on the world market that would make a very small reduction dent on our dependence from the foriegn oil suppliers, thats why it best we do keep the oil here, it benefits Americans and those that say it doesn't only care about making big money on it. Even if the government were to subsidize the drilled oil, since they apparently want to run our lives anyway, it would help Americans in the long run because it would lessen our dependence on foriegn oil and make us a more secure country by not sending the money overseas, and the people that supposeldy don't like us won't be getting the money. Of course when you have government officials like we have, you don't really need enemies.

Look at Mexico, I heard gas was like $1 a gallon a few months ago, is this true? The government subsidizes it, they drill their own and they keep alot of it there right? Evidently something is working if the people are paying $1 a gallon, and Mexico has a money stockpile, unlike us.

Same old thing, say anything to keep the special interest money rolling in while we get stiffed for every dime. This can't keep going on, the American people are reaching the bottom of their financial barrel soon, then what?
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

$4.00/gal in Durham, NC
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12