Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GEE WHY DON'T WE INSULT OUR WWWII VETS

This is ridiculous. These global warming nuts will use anything to put money in GE's pockets.

http://www.businessandmedia.org/article ... 71532.aspx
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thats almost sacrilegious. Like Jesus in a tutu. But then look who did it.

Original picture:

Time's is the second sacrilegious use of the famous Iwo Jima photo I have seen.

Was it from this anti-American so-called picture Time got its idea?

"Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good point MyAmerica.

Do you know what those guys went through that were used to sell U.S. Bonds. Ira Hayes ended up an alcoholic and died in (I believe) in a car crash. There is a movie out about it. I can't remember the name.

These soldiers went through hell.

Joe Rosenthal's Pulitzer Prize-winning photograph taken on the Pacific island of Iwo Jima is one of the best-known war images ever made. The Allies invaded the island, more than six hundred miles off the coast of Japan, on February 19, 1945, hoping to establish a staging area for bombers. Rosenthal, a photographer for the Associated Press, landed under gunfire three hours after the invasion began. The Marines fought their way to the top of Mount Suribachi on February 23 and raised a small flag. Later that same day, five Marines and a naval medicine corpsman raised this second, larger flag at the summit and were recorded by Rosenthal. Contrary to popular belief, the moment was not staged. In thirty-one days of brutal fighting, 6,821 Americans died, including three of the flag-raisers. Rosenthal inscribed this print to Wyoming Democratic Senator Joseph O'Mahoney.

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/treasures/trm023.html
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

After 23 straight years of subscribing to Time, I have cancelled it. I wrote back to them saying "your rag is too liberal for me."
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    After 23 straight years of subscribing to Time, I have cancelled it. I wrote back to them saying "your rag is too liberal for me."
    You go girl.

MW
    Gogo wrote:

Do you know what those guys went through that were used to sell U.S. Bonds. Ira Hayes ended up an alcoholic and died in (I believe) in a car crash. There is a movie out about it. I can't remember the name.
    The movie is Flags of our Fathers. It was directed by Clint Eastwood.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Gogo wrote:

The movie is Flags of our Fathers. It was directed by Clint Eastwood.
    That's right! Thanks MW

There are several veterans groups that are very upset. But this just dumbfounded me - I found it when googling for Iwo Jima.

http://snurl.com/250vs [wonkette_com]
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast