Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Germany Enforces Sharia Blasphemy Laws

With Germany's history, they should shut up for the next thousand years or until their Reich has expired; whichever is longer.

German fined for blaspheming Christianity via car slogans

Come on, Europeans and Canadians—get rid of your stupid blaphemy laws! Yes, they’re almost never enforced, but they’re unworthy of an enlightened society. Among the “Western” countries who have them on the books are Denmark, Canada, Andorra, Cyprus, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Spain, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Malta, Norway, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey and Ukraine, not to mention Israel, South Africa, and New Zealand.

And, this week, they were enforced—in Germany. The Torygraph reports:

A retired teacher in Germany has been fined €500 (£400) for defaming Christianity under the country’s rarely enforced blasphemy laws.

Albert Voss, a former physics teacher and avowed atheist, was convicted of blasphemy after he daubed the rear window of his car with anti-Christian slogans.

The 66-year-old drove around his home city of Münster, in western Germany, with the slogans clearly displayed.

“The church is looking for modern advertising ideas. I can help,” one read.

“Jesus, our favorite artist: hanging for 2,000 years and he still hasn’t got cramp,” it went on to suggest, in an apparent reference to the crucifixion.
    Another slogan was targetted at the Catholic church.

“Let’s make a piligrimage [sic] with Martin Luther to Rome!” it read. “Kill Pope Francis. The Reformation is cool.”

The court rejected Voss’s argument that his sentiments were protected by his right to free expression:

[T]he court ruled the slogans amounted to defamation of religion and had broken Germany’s blasphemy laws.

“You should have known that what you did is a criminal offence,” the judge told him. “The Pope and the cross are central elements of the Catholic faith. I do not consider this art. Freedom of expression is limited by the law.”

“I come from a Christian home, I was an altar boy,” Mr Voss told Bild newspaper.

“later I realized faith rests on dubious foundations. What does not fit into the Christian worldview is ignored, even if it is in the Bible.”

Yes, I suppose freedom of expression is limited by German law, but it shouldn’t be. Even if prosecutions like this are rare, they still have a chilling effect on those who would publicly criticism Catholicism. I wonder if Voss would have been prosecuted had he omitted the “Kill Pope Francis” bit.

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress...mper-stickers/

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn