Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Glenn Beck pimps VAT Tax __ ignores Founder`s solutions!

As much as I admire Glenn Beck I was dumbfounded when he suggested on the Bill O'Reilly show this evening [12/4/09] a 2 percent Value Added Tax [VAT] to be adopted that would go directly to pay down the national debt. Why on earth would Glenn Beck, or any sane and freedom loving person, promote increasing federal taxes by 2 percent, which is exactly what the Washington Establishment wants ___ a new way to get their grubby fingers on more of America’s productivity? Wouldn’t it be more in line with prudent thinking to demand a reduction in the federal government’s spending by 2 percent, and dedicate that 2 percent reduction toward paying down the national debt? Why promote a new tax which is exactly what our Marxists in Washington want? What is wrong with Glenn?

Beck also seems to favor a “flatâ€

Even if they got more money from taxing us still more,do you really think they would PAY DOWN the debt? Not only, NO, BUT "HELL NO"! Just more money they would spend freely and unwisely. And when the 2010 elections come around. We need to do more then vote out Democrats and or encumbents. We need to be sure the newly elected do not fall into the same pit as these politicians of today are doing.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    Even if they got more money from taxing us still more,do you really think they would PAY DOWN the debt? Not only, NO, BUT "HELL NO"! Just more money they would spend freely and unwisely. And when the 2010 elections come around. We need to do more then vote out Democrats and or encumbents. We need to be sure the newly elected do not fall into the same pit as these politicians of today are doing.
    IMHO...your absolutely right uniteasone! Money generated from additional VAT or any other tax would never find it's way to paying off our national debt. Why? Because there's always another tax around the corner which can be levied against the American tax payer!

I also find it ironic that politicians suggest Americans should live within their means( of course we should), but our own government cannot seem to heed that same advice!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The tax would just serve as more money for the banksters.

Please stop Idolzing Glenn Beck, he's just another gameshow host trying to appeal to a particular audience for a buck. He would switch his stance for more money in a New York minute just like Dobbs did. I don't want a Circus clown like Glenn Beck on my side, he does more harm than good.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Glenn Beck is no different than Lou Dobbs and you'd better pay close attention. I believe both guys are being used by the government as tools and ways of leading fools to gov't mind watering ponds. Next thing you know, they'll both be telling you that handing over your guns and your Second Amendment right is a good thing and that all red blooded Americans should do this. There was a reason why the gov't wanted EVERYONE to be switched over to digital TV programming...there's the key word there...."PROGRAMMING."

It's time to quit watching TV and orchestrated news/entertainment programs in search of a hero or real leader for AMERICA because that's all CNN and FOX are. They are "shows" no different than any other weekly sitcom or drama that hooks idiots in with sensationalism, complete with writers, directors and spin masters who are talented in ways of making fantasy look like reality. These are not show cases for real journalism or investigative reporting. This is sensationalism at its finest...part fantasy, part BS sprinkled with a lot of inuendo based on true stories exploiting human tragedy and failures for ratings and corporate sponsorship. Ted Turner's idea has ballooned into a corporate/political scam and a vehicle for mind and popular opinion control. Wake up and UNPLUG!
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity
    Please stop Idolzing Glenn Beck, he's just another gameshow host trying to appeal to a particular audience for a buck. He would switch his stance for more money in a New York minute just like Dobbs did. I don't want a Circus clown like Glenn Beck on my side, he does more harm than good.
    OK, I will stop idolzing Glenn, but.......

Beck on O’Reilly: We need a VAT tax to fix the country

Pelosi, appearing on PBS's "The Charlie Rose Show" asserted that "it's fair to look at" the VAT

I wonder who has been brainwashing Glenn.

Let’s get back to the Founder’s original tax plan, especially the rule of apportionment!

JWK

"Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none have been more effectual than that which deludes them with paper money. This is the most effectual of inventions to fertilize the rich man's field by the sweat of the poor man's brow."_____ Daniel Webster.

I agree with reciprocity and jbparrothead about Glenn Beck. I don't trust him at all. I've heard him tell ouright huge lies that shocked the heck out of me. Beck is not what he seems. Hes' a clown and a liar and is in the same boat as Dobbs. Beware of Glenn Beck.

Great post John!

The other thing Glenn needs to understand, is that every dollar in circulation, be it printed (illegal) fiat currency, or checkbook money, is based on debt. It has to be borrowed into the economy. This is something else the Framers were against, accept for a few Hamilton. This is why the battle raged for control of the nation's money supply. And it has changed hands 8 times from privately owned central banks, to free market banking in direct contrast with the Treasury as the central point. Since the Treasury is supposed to create the "coin" of the nation so it is uniform throughout the several states.

So until we are off the debt based monetary system, and have sound banking and money, this will be a perpetual problem.

All these people are pure entertainment value only...they are fun to watch when they agree with what you think and not when they don't....since the whole media arena is corporate owned by just a certain few you will never get an un-biased view....

Kathyet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast