Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Global Warming Threat is real but overblown by alarmists

There is just as much dishonesty on the side that claims there is no global warming problem. The situation should be dealt with but we have some time remaining.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE

I vote No to Cap and Trade.

Many respected Scientists say that the earth is in a cooling phase not warming. Personally I do not advocate legislation that taxes the American people for anything else and/or allows this corrupt dysfunctional gov't to regulate another blessed thing.

Anyone that chooses to pay more taxes and/or wants to allow obama and/or his fascist “Green Czarâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The long trend right now is warming the short trend is cooling. This gives us some time to prepare that Gore does not give us credit for. Gore is not a criminal it is a problem of is the glass half empty or half full.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE

We need to focus on our domestic problems NOT Cap and Trade.

I disagree with you Richard, Al Gore is the worst kind of criminal. He and many of the other political elites are well-invested in the " green market" and stand to make a virtual killing.

Also, you said:
    The long trend right now is warming the short trend is cooling

Top Scientists around the world say that we are in a cooling phase now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There are a lot of things that could be done that both reduce the output of greenhouse gases---which, if they are not a problem now, could easily become one---and also leave more money for the consumers. Automakers already know how to produce high mpg vehicles. If I lived in Europe I could buy a Ford that gets 60 mpg. But these cars will not pass EPA requirements.

We should have had more nuclear power plants but liberal, anti-nuke activists killed the idea. There is probably a way of cleaning up coal plants, and coal is plentiful and cheap--and located in the US. I agree that there are vested interests that are promoting a fear of global warming. We have that going on in our city where the liberal leaders want to set an example for the rest of the country, but they have this elaborate and expensive plan for reducing greenhouses gases that just ends up giving public money to the usual liberal groups.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

I agree Ron

I dont agree that the warming is caused by humans. Earth goes through natural warming and cooling phases. Right now its warming. So what? It will balance out. They just want to freak us out so they can get taxpayer money to do more "research."

Redpony,

They want taxpayer money so they can put a bigger sword to our throats to make us do as they say. It is becoming more and more despotic.

Hylander_1314 wrote,
    It is becoming more and more despotic.
    Agreed. The fear card has been thrown on the table and the stakes are high.

This anthropogenic global climate change scheme has been evolving since the last great influx of dollars into the global market place. The train is right on time, the conductor ordered a manner in which to tax more in order to pay for more debt. This was ordered up years ago in anticipation that the presses would be fired up and flood the markets with more liquidity again. You can't have any pudding if you don't eat your gruel.

Instead of Anthropogenic Global Climate Change, perhaps Anthropogenic Global Inflationary Change would be more appropriate.

The sky is falling!

Plenty of scientific materials going back for the last 100 yrs. or so that are available for the reading. Some are rather cost prohibitive for a personal library yet could be found at a public library. Palaeoclimatology, Palaeobiology, Palynololgy, Palaentology, all subjects that look at the past and the enviroments of the past are included somewhere in their respective studies.

Do not fear, the sky is not falling, chances are that if you could stick around long enough you would have the desire to chew moose hides and make mukluks. As we are currently in a interstadial period on the charts of palaeoclimatology. Much information gathered by many disciplines seem to confirm the trend line. Unlike the hoax of Anthropogenic Global Warming/Cooling/Changing/I'll get it right sooner or later.

Follow the dollar.

Riochard, i saw an interview with a meteorologist from AccuWeather
    on either Fox or CNN and he came with charts that showed the earth's temperature has NOT gone up in the last TEN YEARS.

and meteorologists are those who study weather for a living.
    study the patterns and the temps, so i tihnk they know what they are talking about

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast