Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Good Friday Attack On Iran?

Someone just sent me an email with this information. I hope it isn't true.
    And it's being done on Good Friday no less! What a great Christian President we have don't we??

Operation Bite: April 6 sneak attack by US Forces against Iran planned, Russian Military sources war **
    Monday, 26 March 2007

http://www.atlanticfreepress.com/content/view/1251/32/

By Webster G. Tarpley

The long awaited US military attack on Iran is now on track for the first week of April, specifically for 4 AM on April 6, the Good Friday opening of Easter weekend, writes the well-known Russian journalist Andrei Uglanov in the Moscow weekly “Argumenty Nedeli.” Uglanov cites Russian military experts close to the Russian General Staff for his account.

The attack is slated to last for twelve hours, according to Uglanov, lasting from 4 AM until 4 PM local time. Friday is a holiday in Iran. In the course of the attack, code named Operation Bite, about 20 targets are marked for bombing; the list includes uranium enrichment facilities, research centers, and laboratories.

The first reactor at the Bushehr nuclear plant, where Russian engineers are working, is supposed to be spared from destruction. The US attack plan reportedly calls for the Iranian air defense system to be degraded, for numerous Iranian warships to be sunk in the Persian Gulf, and the for the most important headquarters of the Iranian armed forces to be wiped out.

The attacks will be mounted from a number of bases, including the island of Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean. Diego Garcia is currently home to B-52 bombers equipped with standoff missiles. Also participating in the air strikes will be US naval aviation from aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf, as well as from those of the Sixth Fleet in the Mediterranean. Additional cruise missiles will be fired from submarines in the Indian Ocean and off the coast of the Arabian peninsula. The goal is allegedly to set back Iran 's nuclear program by several years, writes Uglanov, whose article was re-issued (1, 2) by RIA-Novosti in various languages, but apparently not English, several days ago. The story is the top item on numerous Italian and German blogs, but so far appears to have been ignored by US websites.

Observers comment that this dispatch represents a high-level orchestrated leak from the Kremlin, in effect a war warning, which draws on the formidable resources of the Russian intelligence services, and which deserves to be taken with the utmost seriousness by pro-peace forces around the world.

Asked by RIA-Novosti to comment on the Uglanov report, retired Colonel General Leonid Ivashov confirmed its essential features in a March 21 interview: “I have no doubt that there will be an operation, or more precisely a violent action against Iran.” Ivashov, who has reportedly served at various times as an informal advisor to Putin, is currently the Vice President of the Moscow Academy for Geopolitical Sciences.

Ivashov attributed decisive importance to the decision of the Democratic leadership of the US House of Representatives to remove language from the just-passed Iraq supplemental military appropriations bill which would have demanded that Bush come to Congress before launching an attack on Iran. Ivashov pointed out that the language was eliminated under pressure from AIPAC, the lobbing group representing the Israeli extreme right, and of Israeli Foreign Minister Tsipi Livni.

“We have drawn the unmistakable conclusion that this operation will take place,” said Ivashov. In his opinion, the US planning does not include a land operation: “Most probably there will be no ground attack, but rather massive air attacks with the goal of annihilating Iran's capacity for military resistance, the centers of administration, the key economic assets, and quite possibly the Iranian political leadership, or at least part of it,” he continued.

Ivashov noted that it was not to be excluded that the Pentagon would use smaller tactical nuclear weapons against targets of the Iranian nuclear industry. These attacks could paralyze everyday life, create panic in the population, and generally produce an atmosphere of chaos and uncertainty all over Iran, Ivashov told RIA-Novosti. “This will unleash a struggle for power inside Iran, and then there will be a peace delegation sent in to install a pro-American government in Teheran,” Ivashov continued. One of the US goals was, in his estimation, to burnish the image of the current Republican administration, who would now be able to boast that they had wiped out the Iranian nuclear program.

Among the other outcomes, General Ivashov pointed to a partition of Iran along the same lines as Iraq, and a subsequent carving up of the Near and Middle East into smaller regions. “This concept worked well for them in the Balkans and will now be applied to the greater Middle East,” he commented. “

Moscow must expert Russia's influence by demanding an emergency session of the United Nations Security Council to deal with the current preparations for an illegal use of force against Iran and the destruction of the basis of the United Nations Charter,” said General Ivashov. “In this context Russia could cooperate with China , France and the non-permanent members of the Security Council. We need this kind of preventive action to ward off the use of force,” he concluded.
    -

Here's a follow up article:

Attack on Iran is the next step in divide and conquer of Middle East
    Monday, 02 April 2007

by Daan de Wit

The march towards war with Iran continues unabated. As time goes by, the possibility that Iran will be attacked is not lessening, but growing. It will increase the level of chaos in the Middle East, but the question is whether this is an unfortunate consequence or a means to an end.

While expansive war games are being conducted off the Iranian coast and new sanctions are being imposed on Iran, the heat is being turned up in other ways as well. Under the headline US funds terror groups to sow chaos in Iran, The Sunday Telegraph writes: 'In the past year there has been a wave of unrest in ethnic minority border areas of Iran, with bombing and assassination campaigns against soldiers and government officials. [...] Fred Burton, a former US state department counter-terrorism agent, [...] said: "The latest attacks inside Iran fall in line with US efforts to supply and train Iran's ethnic minorities to destabilise the Iranian regime." [...] Funding for their separatist causes comes directly from the CIA's classified budget but is now "no great secret", according to one former high-ranking CIA official in Washington who spoke anonymously to The Sunday Telegraph.'

The current situation involving Iran and the 15 British Marines is reminiscent of the situation prior to the Vietnam War, when the U.S. was provoking Vietnam by way of Operation 34A. It was then that the American government seized upon an alleged incident in the Gulf of Tonkin in order to demonstrate Vietnamese agression, after which Congress gave President Johnson its approval to attack the country...

For more go to:
    http://www.atlanticfreepress.com/content/view/1300/81/

Do you really believe the Russians?
    We haven't recieved anything credible from Russia since World war 2.
    <div>If you love this nation, please stop illegal immigration.</div>

Quote Originally Posted by txkayaker
    Do you really believe the Russians?
    We haven't recieved anything credible from Russia since World war 2.
    I wouldn't go that far, but I will say you would have a much better chance at getting un-biased, real news from a foreign source than one under the foot of the FCC.

But not our hero Lou Dobbs, he and his team are the only true voice in America today.
    A Nation with no borders is not a Nation"
    --Ronald Reagan

Banned
    I hope it IS true. Anyone who doesn't understand the threat posed by nutball Ahmadinejad and his fellow Mahdiists is in the same class as thouse who sought appeasement with Hitler. One way or another, we are going to eventually have an armed conflict with Iran and probably with Islam at large. We may as well get the ball rolling on our own terms rather than waiting for the shell-shock induced by simultaneous multiple nuclear terror strikes on several of our major cities or military bases.

I don't like war any more than anyone else. The fact, however, is that we have been at war with Islam for some time, whether chickenscheit politicians like Clinton want to admit it or not. That's why the dirtbag had Sandy Burglar steal and destroy all those terrorism-related documents. The stinking traitorous bastard didn't want America to find out just how derelict he was in protecting the country from its enemies, or how his own failures led directly to 9/11.

As far as warmongering goes, I would draw an analogy to having to use a firearm to defend my home from intruders. I don't want to shoot anyone, but when bad guys start spooking around my house and harming my family members or property, I'm going to shoot first and ask questions later. The Iranians are currently playing the role of chest-thumping bad guys who openly proclaim their intent to obtain nuclear weapons at the same time that they state flatly that it is their intent to see to the demise of the United States and Israel. Now they have abducted citizens of one of our closest allies from international waters, have supplied to our enemies in Iraq sophisticated weapons that are being used to kill American troops, and have paid bounties and supplied materiel to terrorists who killed Americans and our allies. Personally, I have a great deal of respect for the average Iranian citizen. I don't want to be at war with Iran. At the same time, the Iranians are as responsible for the leaders who represent them and their actions as we are responsible for the elected leaders who represent us and their actions. Maybe a really serious strike against Iranian nuclear facilities and other warmaking infrastructure will empower the opposition to cast off the nation's irresponsible leadership.

One way or another, Iran is a boil that has needed to be lanced for a long time.

This is the same site that claims Britain made up the map of Iranian waters and there were no clear lines, even though you see the lines drawn on a map in the Iranian video. That site is pretty much anti-Semitic, anti-Bush, and anti-everything!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    This is the same site that claims Britain made up the map of Iranian waters and there were no clear lines, even though you see the lines drawn on a map in the Iranian video. That site is pretty much anti-Semitic, anti-Bush, and anti-everything!
    Yep, those guys are mostly Leftists and ex-hippies along with other associated malcontents and foreigners. Read the page entitled "The Writers" if you want a good laugh. These guys are hydroponic farmers, literature majors and a guy who describes himself as "walking the Earth like Kane in the television series, "Kung Fu." These are clowns I would be hard pressed to have a serious conversation with at a cocktail party. I don't think that I would ask any of them for serious advice on anything unless I did a complete moral about-face and decided that I needed some tips on growing marijuana or learning to tie-dye.

Yeah, the crowd in Washington only lies about immigration issues. They are completely honest in all other endeavors.
    They would never under any circumstance take us to war behind lies.
    --Ronald Reagan

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UnemployedAmerican
    Yeah, the crowd in Washington only lies about immigration issues. They are completely honest in all other endeavors.
    Well, if you are prepared to believe that the government is purely evil and useless in every case, you may as well either find a large rock and crawl under it or else move to a country whose government you prefer. Like it or not, our government is the face of the United States and it is the sole source of our defense against evil plotted against us by our foreign enemies. I have plenty of issues with the way this country is being run and with the federal government in particular, but consistently assuming that our enemies are more trustworthy than our own government is about as stupid as having your left arm stop trusting your head. For better or worse, the People and their government are inseparable components of this nation, and having either one at irreconcilable odds with the other is suicidal.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Quote Originally Posted by UnemployedAmerican
    Well, if you are prepared to believe that the government is purely evil and useless in every case, you may as well either find a large rock and crawl under it or else move to a country whose government you prefer. Like it or not, our government is the face of the United States and it is the sole source of our defense against evil plotted against us by our foreign enemies. I have plenty of issues with the way this country is being run and with the federal government in particular, but consistently assuming that our enemies are more trustworthy than our own government is about as stupid as having your left arm stop trusting your head. For better or worse, the People and their government are inseparable components of this nation, and having either one at irreconcilable odds with the other is suicidal.
    Hey lets agree to disagree, but please don't tell me what I think or that I should move to another country. How can you assume anything about me or what I think or what I should do.

We need to stick to the immigration issue anyway. What you or I or anyone else thinks about anything else is irrelevent to the issue at hand.

And that is the last I will say on it.
    --Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast