Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UnemployedAmerican
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Yeah, the crowd in Washington only lies about immigration issues. They are completely honest in all other endeavors.
    They would never under any circumstance take us to war behind lies.
    Well, if you are prepared to believe that the government is purely evil and useless in every case, you may as well either find a large rock and crawl under it or else move to a country whose government you prefer. Like it or not, our government is the face of the United States and it is the sole source of our defense against evil plotted against us by our foreign enemies. I have plenty of issues with the way this country is being run and with the federal government in particular, but consistently assuming that our enemies are more trustworthy than our own government is about as stupid as having your left arm stop trusting your head. For better or worse, the People and their government are inseparable components of this nation, and having either one at irreconcilable odds with the other is suicidal.
    Hey lets agree to disagree, but please don't tell me what I think or that I should move to another country. How can you assume anything about me or what I think or what I should do.

We need to stick to the immigration issue anyway. What you or I or anyone else thinks about anything else is irrelevent to the issue at hand.

And that is the last I will say on it.
    You were the one who chose to comment on this topic. If you want to stick to the immigration topic, by all means do that. If you venture into other commentary, your comments remain fair game for rebuttal.

Note that I did not attribute ANY specific opinion to you, but rather predicated my commentary on an "if," and then commented upon those hypothetical individuals whose beliefs are in accord with that "if."

Rationalize it in anyway that makes it feel right to you, Rush.
    A Nation with no borders is not a Nation"
    --Ronald Reagan

Banned
    Rationalize it in anyway that makes it feel right to you, Rush.
    In case you are wondering what an ad hominem attack looks like, you just made one.

If you can't defend your positions, resorting to namecalling is no solution.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12