Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change

Google Blackmailing Users to Obtain Their Mobile Phone Numbe

Google Blackmailing Users to Obtain Their Mobile Phone Numbers?

Activist Post

Internet users, who may have one or multiple accounts through Google, whether they’re for Gmail, YouTube, Blogger, AdSense, or other services, now seem to be forced to give Google their mobile phone number in order to maintain their services.

The message prompts users to give their mobile phone number to receive an automated call with a security code to verify their account in order to reinstate it. In the past when account discrepancies arose, Google simply asked for verification through a “recoveryâ€

My bank BB&T recently demanded that I opt in to receive alerts via phone text or email as a new feature I could not opt out of too.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I use on line banking and have never experienced any problems. I actually set up various alerts. I'm notified via phone and email, for the following:

withdrawal exceeding $125

balance is $35 or less

reminder for any automated payment

If a new account is added to my on line, bill paying account, I'm also notified. I use two credit cards and the min. payment is automatically paid every month. One card is for the rental home and the other is for personnal use. If I'm traveling, the credit card bill is never paid late.

I rarely use actual cash. I review each statement and use it as documentation for calculating cost of home improvements, tracking of tax deductions regarding a rental home, and just better awarness of how I spend my money.

I routinely buy a Home Depot gift card and earn a gasoline discount from Giant Eagle. When the discount equals the price of gas, I get 30 gallons FREE. The purchase of food from Giant Eagle also works toward a gas discount and the purchase of gas, give me a disount on the price of groceries.

I don't know if the alerst are mandatory, but I've found them to be helpful, not intrusive.