Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Google 'censoring' Anti-Obama Bloggers?

Google 'censoring' anti-Obama bloggers?
    Writer claims Internet giant banning stories that expose president-elect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: November 28, 2008
    1:35 am Eastern

By Chelsea Schilling
    © 2008 WorldNetDaily

Pamela Gellar of Atlas Shrugs

Is Google censoring anti-Obama stories?

Pamela Gellar of Atlas Shrugs claims the search engine giant has banned her groundbreaking articles about Obama – a technique many people refer to as "sandboxing."

"There was no warning, no notice, nothing," Gellar told WND. "They have basically sandboxed me."

"Sandboxing" happens when Google strips a website's rankings from its search engine results. According to some theories, this happens to new websites when Google puts them into a holding area known as a "sandbox" until the site gains credibility.

However, Atlas Shrugs is not new, and Gellar believes her stories have been intentionally suppressed by the Internet giant – especially ones about President-elect Obama. She said her exclusive stories about Obama's birth certificate that once received thousands of hits every day will not come up in Google word searches.

"I was in the top five search results before the story got legs," she said. "These stories drove 12,000 to 15,000 people to my site every day."

But now a November earnings report from shows her Google clicks and revenue flat lining since Nov. 20. Daily page impressions dropped from an average of 20,000 and 45,000 to single digits – overnight. Also, her Google images hits are slowed to only 4,720 since that day, while Yahoo and other search engines list them in the hundreds of thousands.

"The media gives blogs the silent treatment," she said. "The only thing we have is these searches. The Google word search is gone – all gone. When you are in my business, that's how you build readership."

On July 4, Gellar featured a story about a board-certified forensic expert who declared Obama's online birth certificate a "forgery" and an "obvious fake." She attributes most of her problems with Google to that report.

"I think that it's the birth certificate story," Gellar said. "All of the sudden, my numbers were down by 10,000."

(Story continues below)

She has also featured reports on Obama's support of Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga and cases of alleged campaign finance fraud involving his campaign. Gellar believes Google is censoring her stories because it objects to their content.

"It's a freedom of speech issue," she said. "Who are they to decide what should be searched? They don't like what I'm running so they ban me?"

Visitor to Geller's website receive this "forbidden" message when they use the Google search engine on Atlas Shrugs

Gellar said she has contacted Google three times, and the company said it has filed "requests for consideration" to put her stories back on Google's search pages.

"They want me to sit this out for six months," she said. "Are they kidding? Based on what?"

Gellar said the top Google word searches used to be about Obama's birth certificate. But now she said the searches only return "a bunch of speculating and hearsay" to make the stories appear to be unfounded conspiracy theories.

She believes the censorship could have something to do with Google CEO Eric Schmidt's relationship with the president-elect. According to recent reports, Schmidt will soon be holding a position in the Obama administration.

Gellar said she has hired a cyber-crime consulting firm to remove her articles from the search engine's "sandbox" and has asked her readership to help fight censorship with donations.

"Google cannot arbitrarily silence voices of freedom," she said. "Blogs are the last vestige of free speech."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geId=82113
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I do know this the email for my local town against illegal immigration has constant problems and they disable it. I've put a lot of email through about Obama and illegal aliens so I believe she is absolutely right. NOW Obama did have meeting with CEO of Google for his team so I totally believe this. What happened to freedom of speech. Perhaps these incidents should be given to Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and others.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't know, maybe pass them on.

I will send Peter Boyles this info to see if he will pick up the ball and run with it. He's been mulling over the citizenship issue and the college records from Occidental.

Maybe Michelle Malkin too.

If we see censorship for no reason than disagreeing with Obama and OBL's then the first amendment is in dire straits. It needs to be brought into the light. Remember what happened to Joe the Plumber? All he did was ask a question and Obama answered it truthfully. The msm decided let's crucify Joe to deflect from the answer Obama gave. We see government employees making illegal inquiries into Joe's private matters. This happened BEFORE Obama was elected. Just think what is going to happen after the inauguration. When you have the media giants in your pocket or should I say Obama is in the pocket of the media giants, they will do anything. And all of you thought the Patriot Act was bad. Tighten your seat belts folks "it's going to be a bumper ride."

Yeah, one heck of a roller-coaster ride is ahead.

I hate roller-coasters.

And I never did agree with the Patriot Act, and I remeber the sunny day I was driving to a customers shop when the news announced that Habeas Corpus was suspended by Senor Boosh. The reason it has been stalled to re-institute it, is it would make the Patriot Act illegal, and null and void. So it will be some time before it is restored, if ever. As the two can not co-exist as they are at present.

It was huge expansion of government again, and we all know how government likes to shrink after it has been instituted. Where I'm sure that securing our borders, and reducing the number of border jumpers, would have done more with less money than another bureaucratic office that will do nothing more than suck off the lifeblood of the people, and is nothing more than blade to throats of the people who pay for their existance.

I heard about Google doing this months ago. I remember several blog owners were upset because their blogs were "locked up" and no one could access them. So they opened new ones on WordPress(?) or something. Maybe I am confusing this with something else. I wish I could remember where I saw the article.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn