Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Gore buys "carbon offsets" from his own company!

For those who trust Al Gore's sincerity on environmental issues:

The Color of Money
    Tennessee blogger Bill Hobbs picks up the story of Al Gore's voracious household energy use, which we noted Tuesday:

The Tennessean reported that Gore buys "carbon offsets" to compensate for his home's use of energy from carbon-based fuels. As Wikipedia explains, a carbon offset "is a service that tries to reduce the net carbon emissions of individuals or organizations indirectly, through proxies who reduce their emissions and/or increase their absorption of greenhouse gases." . . .

But how Gore buys his "carbon offsets," as revealed by The Tennessean raises serious questions. According to the newspaper's report, Gore buys his carbon offsets through Generation Investment Management:

Gore helped found Generation Investment Management, through which he and others pay for offsets. The firm invests the money in solar, wind and other projects that reduce energy consumption around the globe . . .

Gore is chairman of the firm and, presumably, draws an income or will make money as its investments prosper. In other words, he "buys" his "carbon offsets" from himself, through a transaction designed to boost his own investments and return a profit to himself. To be blunt, Gore doesn't buy "carbon offsets" through Generation Investment Management--he buys stocks. . . .

Meanwhile, Gore runs around the country and the world trumpeting "climate crisis" and blaming man's use of carbon-based energy--burning thousands of gallons of jet fuel as he goes. His efforts have served to put climate change at the top of the national and even global agenda, driving up the value of the stocks and companies viewed as "green" or environmentally friendly. Companies like those his investment management firm invest his own and other peoples' [sic] money in. (You can see a list of Generation Investment Management's holdings here, courtesy of the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission.)

Another Volunteer State blogger, Bob Krumm, looks at Gore's demands for the suppression of dissent. Yesterday's Tennessean reported on a speech the erstwhile veep gave in Murfreesboro:

"I believe that is one of the principal reasons why political leaders around the world have not yet taken action," Gore said. "There are many reasons, but one of the principal reasons in my view is more than half of the mainstream media have rejected the scientific consensus implicitly--and I say 'rejected,' perhaps it's the wrong word. They have failed to report that it is the consensus and instead have chosen . . . balance as bias.

"I don't think that any of the editors or reporters responsible for one of these stories saying, 'It may be real, it may not be real,' is unethical. But I think they made the wrong choice, and I think the consequences are severe.

"I think if it is important to look at the pressures that made it more likely than not that mainstream journalists in the United States would convey a wholly inaccurate conclusion about the most important moral, ethical, spiritual and political issue humankind has ever faced."

Gore would not answer any questions from the media after the event.

Krumm notes that Gore was complaining as early as 1992 about excessive balance in the media. Yet in a speech at the October 2005 We Media Conference, Gore seemed to urge government-mandated balance, at least on other topics:

As early as the 1920s, when the predecessor of television, radio, first debuted in the United States, there was immediate apprehension about its potential impact on democracy. One early American student of the medium wrote that if control of radio were concentrated in the hands of a few, "no nation can be free."

As a result of these fears, safeguards were enacted in the U.S.--including the Public Interest Standard, the Equal Time Provision, and the Fairness Doctrine--though a half century later, in 1987, they were effectively repealed. And then immediately afterwards, Rush Limbaugh and other hate-mongers began to fill the airwaves.

Gore is mistaken on two out of three points: Although the Federal Communications Commission abolished the Fairness Doctrine (which regulated the presentation of "controversial issues of public importance") in 1987, the Public Interest Standard (which is part of the law that created the FCC) and the Equal Time Provision (which applies to political candidates) remain in force.

So, let's sum this up: Here we have a major American politician who is calling for policies that would impose huge costs on society but appears to be profiting handsomely himself; who is leading an extravagant lifestyle while demanding sacrifices from ordinary people; and who is calling on the media to suppress the views of those with whom he disagrees, while at the same time urging more government regulation in the name of "fairness" to his partisan and ideological allies.

Why is it left to think tanks and bloggers to investigate and expose all this? Why aren't the mainstream media all over the story? Could it be . . . bias?
    http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110009730

What a freakin' lying sack o' crap dirtbag!

I am disgusted and impressed at the same time. I didn't think Al was smart enough to come up with the something like this. It is a shame he got busted for lining his own pockets. Better luck next time.

Yeah, it's been all over the news out here. The guy is a hypocrite!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wasn't he giving profits from the his book to charity? Smart move: looks like a good guy but actually has an ulterior motive. His day is done. He had this one last chance to make a come back and he just blew it. Bye Al!

_____________________Goracle of Carthage, TN. ____________________________

Bow down Yea faithless stewards of mother earth and hear thine hubris cry, for I speaketh fourth the ancient words of wisdom from the descended masters channeled fourth from thine lips.

Prostrate thy selves before thee, cover thy heads, and girdith thy loins with honey soaked sack cloth, for mine devine presence shall surly wither away thy mortal flesh to the very bone.

The masters demand yea not to wallow in the valley of despair. I say unto thee, my breath-ren , there is a way for your salvation from your inequities of the destruction of mother earth by global warming.

______________For I The Goracle of Carthage Had A Dream___________________________

I had a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in all the encompassing nations of the world.

It is a dream that one day this world will rise up and live out the true meaning of its existence. We hold these truths to be self-evident that all lowly polluters are created equal in guilt.

I have a dream that one day out in the scorched and burned hills, and valleys that sons of former polluters and the sons of former environmentalist will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day the heat of our world will stop sweltering with the oppression of depleted ozone due to mortal mans greenhouse gasses, and earth and sea shall be transformed into an oasis of mild winter breezes and cool summer nights.

I have a dream that my four little childrens will one day live in a nation where they will not be burned, and scorched by the hot day sun, nor will they be judged by the lack of cloths that covers their necked little bodies. I see a time where cloths will be worn abundantly, in frigidly colder year round days, free from global warming.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be engulfed, in ice, every hill shall be exalted in snow flakes and every mountain shall be made a glacier, and the glory of the masters on high shall reveal me as the architect and Salvationist of all the earth and all mortal flesh shall bow at my feet, thankfully to never burn again..

With your faith in me, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our over heated earth, into a beautiful symphony of cold hearted brotherhood, and ice for all.

With your faith you will be able to work and, pray to me for the chillingness I will give you, and behold the freedom to freeze together, knowing that you gave your all to me to be free of global warming.

Let snows freely fall in abundance upon every hill and molehill from the Rocky Mountains to the Himalayas and glaciers on every mountainside. When we have frozen rain falling, on every tenement and every hamlet, on every state and every city, we will be able to speed up the snow fall on that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro Spiritual, "Snow at last, Snow at last. Thank God Almighty, we have Snow at last."

B.O.R.
    Texan by birth, Independent by choice, Christian by faith, And still kicken by the Grace of God.