Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Graham Calls for Legal Review of Nelson Health Care Deal

Graham Calls for Legal Review of Nelson Health Care Deal

South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham wants his state's attorney general to look at dealmaking that sealed a final compromise on federal health care legislation.

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham wants his state's attorney general to look at dealmaking that sealed a final compromise on federal health care legislation.

Graham told The Associated Press Monday he wants Attorney General Henry McMaster to review how Nebraska Sen. Ben Nelson was able to spare his state higher Medicaid costs as the Democrat held out for perks for his state in the mammoth bill.

Graham says it doesn't pass the smell test and is sleazy politics that creates legal problems.

McMaster's spokesman said the attorney general will discuss the issue with Graham.

Nelson's spokesman didn't immediately respond to questions Monday. But Democrats back home praised his efforts.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/12 ... itics%2529

Is Graham doing this for the right reasons or just because he's in a snit over not getting a deal?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Don't know - but I think it is illegal to bribe senators like this with tax payers money.

April
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbl2929
    Don't know - but I think it is illegal to bribe senators like this with tax payers money.
    They are so deeply mired in corruption, illegal is business as usual for these traitors!!!!

Federal laws MUST BE equal for all States. It would be unconstitutional to do so.
    Travis and Crockett, are flopping in their graves

Graham is extremely talented in talking out of both sides of mouth. At one moment he sounds like an extremely right-wing Republican, and the next as a super-liberal Democrat. I think he wants to be the new Juan McCain.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Graham is extremely talented in talking out of both sides of mouth. At one moment he sounds like an extremely right-wing Republican, and the next as a super-liberal Democrat. I think he wants to be the new Juan McCain.
    I think you are on to something there Vortex.

Quote Originally Posted by cjbl2929
    im wondering if ethics charges can be brought against harry reid for bribery. i called the senate ethics committee today and got no answer. they were closed because of that blizzard.