Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

H.R. 2415 - "Affordable Gas Price Act," by Ron Pau

I just got this email. I'm not sure how I feel about offshore drilling in some environmentally protected areas but here it is:

House bill H.R. 2415, short-titled the "Affordable Gas Price Act," introduced by Rep. Ron Paul on May 21, 2007, purportedly would reduce the price of gasoline by:

• Allowing for offshore drilling in areas previously forbidden.
    • Eliminating Federal obstacles to constructing refineries and providing incentives for investment in refineries.
    • Suspending Federal fuel taxes when gasoline prices reach a benchmark amount.
    • Promoting free trade with oil producing countries that outdated policies have prevented.

H.R. 2415 is a compilation of proposals for a free market approach to dealing with America's gasoline crisis. The bill deserves cosponsorship support so that it will receive committee action.

Sec. 9 of H.R. 2415 calls for the U.S. Treasury and the Federal Reserve to produce a report on the relationshipÂ*between the increase in our fiat money supply and the rise in the price of oil. Such a report would be vital in assessing the federal government's responsibility for rising prices. Inflationary Federal Reserve policy encourages speculation that drives oil prices higher than a tightening supply alone.

Ask your congressman to cosponsor H.R. 2415 and help get this bill out of committee and to the House floor for a vote.

It's got to be done . I'ld stake Dr.Pauls Bill as being written so as to Not cause damage to the envioment . Like Good God ,China is drilling off Cuban . What the hell is the matter with us ? It can be drilled clean and safe. Safer than our autos and trucks polluting up everything
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

AE

We have oil, supposedly off of the Oregon coast, but to my knowledge, the enviromentalists have put up a fit over any type of work there.

I too have some concerns over some areas, however, as citizens we can hold these companies who drill, accountable for their care of the environment they are working in and on, and I believe it must be in that companies best interests to do their best to maintain good standards, of lose their ability to do business again.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

It wont be long and even the environmentalists will be demanding we do more drilling. Prices hit $6.00 a gallon, people are going to break and they will be protesting like they have been in the other countries around the globe.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Go Ron Paul!!!!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)