Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Head of ATF to Be Removed?

The Tipsheet Helen Whalen Cohen

Helen Whalen Cohen Head of ATF to Be Removed?
    6/18/2011 | Email Helen Whalen Cohen | All Posts By Blogger Amidst the fallout from Operation Fast and Furious, the Justice Department is looking to toss acting head of ATF Kenneth Melson. The Wall Street Journal reports that he may be on his way out as early as next week:

The Justice Department is expected to oust the head of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, according to people familiar with the matter, amid a troubled federal antitrafficking operation that has grown into the agency's biggest scandal in nearly two decades.

Moves toward the replacement of Kenneth Melson, acting ATF director since April 2009, could begin next week, although the precise sequence of events remains to be decided, these people said.

The shakeup shows the extent of the political damage caused by the gun-trafficking operation called Fast and Furious, which used tactics that allowed suspected smugglers to buy large numbers of firearms. Growing controversy over the program has paralyzed a long-beleaguered agency buffeted by partisan battles. The ATF has been without a Senate-confirmed director since 2006, with both the Bush and Obama administrations unable to overcome opposition from gun-rights groups to win approval of nominees.

President Obama actually did nominate someone back in November, but his nomination was stalled due to his hostility towards the Second Amendment. Hot Air has the whole story on Andrew Traver, who hails from Chicago and is lauded by anti-gun activists.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/helenwhale ... be_removed
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't think anyone will be surprised about this firing. After all someone had to be the scapegoat and take the fall and we knew it would not be the head of this snake.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    I don't think anyone will be surprised about this firing. After all someone had to be the scapegoat and take the fall and we knew it would not be the head of this snake.
    Let's see if Isaa can find the head of the snake to cut off!!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Amazing isn't it. Head of the snake....there all snakes so get rid of them all from the top down...

Kathyet

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ATF-di ... ode=C789-1
    Acting ATF Director to Resign Over Gun-Buying Sting

Read more on Newsmax.com: Acting ATF Director to Resign Over Gun-Buying Sting
    Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!
    [quote]Kenneth Melson, the acting director of the Bureau of Tobacco, Alcohol and Firearms (ATF), is expected to step down in the wake of the “Fast and Furiousâ€
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou